Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shop Talk - Tool and Shop Discussion! (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   Ganesh CNC machining centers. (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196526)

RonA 06-03-2017 04:40 PM

Ganesh CNC machining centers.

Anyone running one? I've decided to sell my Excel 810 and buy a new mill for the shop. It's not easy to find box way machines any more, but linear guides are a deal killer.
RonA

RonA 06-05-2017 02:10 PM

Looking at one on Wednesday, the HAAS guys are scrambling. Funny as heck to watch.

Pudge 06-05-2017 05:58 PM

Keep us updated, I don't have an opinion on them but I would like to know what you think of them

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

RonA 06-05-2017 08:44 PM

I'm looking at their 2818. Just the right size for my indexer, longest fixture, and tail stock. I've heard good things about their rigidity and reliability.

RonA 06-16-2017 07:19 PM

Looks like I'll find out Monday if I need to replace the Excel. Even with the tool changer not working properly it's really nice to have for 1 tool jobs or just manually changing the tools. Might try and find a space for it in the outer shop. Hard to find good steel machines anymore.

smokinVE 06-16-2017 11:15 PM

Harbor freight heal your dilemma Ron. You can write off Ganesh prices for HF.

Luckily the leftist have opened this up, post election therapy sessions. I'd like to publicly thank your people for that. Wide open door to write off whatever you want for therapy! My dogs now are 10K$ each write offs. I can write off phone bills and internet, compD heal me!!!

Although I try to call Mr Ron out on his leftist ways of posting (still not sure if it's his way of joking of his Cali septic tank corrupting his mind) but I'm being serious about the tax write offs. The door is open, write off WTF ever you want to!

RonA 06-16-2017 11:41 PM

I see this all the time from people in AZ and NV. It's caused by a lack of Oxygen to the brain. The only greenery in both states is found on golf courses, but with country club memberships so expensive, poor people have to just wait for a breeze from Oxygen rich California. Enjoy it while it's still free, they'll probably tax it soon.

smokinVE 06-17-2017 12:13 AM

I'll cover green fees, we go golf!? it's a super frustrating game but I love it.

I use Obama subsidies to cover out green fees👍

We use 7 iron and putters only? Or you equip our sticks with silencers!? We go covert on the golf course? No need to tussle the brown folk here and n AZ with our loud arse hits on that little white ball.

I no need Cali air, too much lack or EGR heal air. I'll breath in my sand before I take a whif of that junk. My wife may get more cancer if I huff that Cali air in....

cgriffin224 06-19-2017 10:33 AM

How did it look? We have been in the process of looking for a new CNC Setup and haven't had the chance to take a look at them yet...

RonA 06-23-2017 06:18 PM

Going to try and get a new machine installed in the next couple of weeks. Anyone looking for a work horse mill that cuts steel great, just isn't changing tools reliably, let me know. Looking to move it fairly cheap and even making tool changes by hand mit can get a lot of nice work done.
RonA

RonA 07-08-2017 11:38 PM

I ended up making an offer on a Doosan. Going over to look at it next week. If it looks and sounds ok, it's mine.

RonA 08-23-2017 07:17 PM

Got the machine squeezed in yesterday. Was told it was 74" x 94" x 108", but it ended up being 94" x 112" x 105". My door opening was 96" and trying to push it through by hand on dollies that had a mind of their own was interesting to say the least. Nice looking machine though.

jasonc 08-23-2017 07:26 PM

Are you expanding, remember seeing you can make pistol barrels.

Pudge 08-23-2017 07:49 PM

In for pics. If that's even possible since photobucket crapped out.

RonA 08-24-2017 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture.

RonA 09-26-2017 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new machine is sweet. Eats stainless like it's chocolate.

Pudge 09-26-2017 07:39 PM

Very nice! New machines are always exciting

RonA 11-13-2017 04:43 PM

I couldn't get the 4th axis to quit acting up so I sent it off the the manufacturer to be tested. As soon as it arrived the shop went into limp mode. They are trying to sell me a new one instead of fixing the electrical problem. I have a much better 4th axis being installed tomorrow so I should be up and running full bore by the end of the week. I'm going to set up the bigger mill with my old indexer while the service guy's here so I can do fixture work on either machine. When they get around to fixing the other 4th axis, I can either keep it as a spare, or sell it.

RonA 11-14-2017 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Samchully 4th axis. Really nice piece and the best customer service I have had in years.

Red Sleeper 11-15-2017 06:43 AM

Now that looks like a well built 4th axis. No custom bag cover on this one. Doosan is a solid machine. I've seen a 3" fly cutter throw some chips on one, cutting mild steel. Depth of cut and feed rate was impressive.

I'd really like to find a decent knee mill with a motor driven 4th axis. That would be plenty for me. Though for the cost, I could probably find a decently used HASS with all CNC control for my garage projects.