03 dodge head light conversion

Asusmc

From what I have seen there really isn't a good aftermarket solution for the 03 to 05 headlights. Has anyone tried replacing them with 06 style lights. It looks like it would just need the fenders, lights and bumper spacer.

From what I have seen there really isn't a good aftermarket solution for the 03 to 05 headlights. Has anyone tried replacing them with 06 style lights. It looks like it would just need the fenders, lights and bumper spacer.

Throw in the 06 grill and I think you have it. I have toyed with this conversion as well in the past. Doesn't seem to be too difficult. I just never pulled the trigger.

I used to have an 04 with an 06 front clip on it, just a fender grill and bumper swap. Pretty sure the hood is the same. Its a good chunk of change to just have some brighter lights..... so this truck I just threw a 40" light bar in the bumper. Thought about doing a projector/HID swap into some 03-05 housings, but havent got around to it

I recommend modifying your stock housings.
I've done it on other vehicles, and used this site:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

They've got really high quality stuff for decent prices. The difference between a high quality glass projector, and an email plastic projector is HUGE!

Just my two cents.

Oh and on my XJ, I bought some TruckLight LED lights, and they are insane. I love them.

After looking for a long time and not finding what I wanted I happened across these housing on Ebay. They came the way they look, painted black with the projector lenses installed. I converted them to HID on my own. They seem to be much better than stock as far as controlling the light. Not sure how I feel about the cut off yet. At least my high beams seem to be noticeably brighter than low beam (even though it is just moving a plate inside.

The lenses ran about $150.00 and then the HID kit.

If my stock housings were in good shape I would have just bought the conversion kit listed above and did my own.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 0
I have the Xeon bulbs from autozones which did make a big difference. And it is a lot of money just for brighter lights. Thank you for the input.

Back