Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007.5-2013 6.7L (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Pacbrake Load leash (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141574)

24VChevy 09-15-2012 12:44 PM

Pacbrake Load leash

Bruce from Pacbrake has sent us a Load leash to install next week into a 2008 6.7, Cant wait to see the results from a real engine brake.

Malcolm

Schrowang 09-15-2012 12:51 PM

Subscribed

Posted to compD via my magic four place toaster.

Red_Rattler 09-15-2012 02:28 PM

Scribed add a few videos please!

DRT086.7 09-16-2012 07:43 AM

Ive been waiting to see someone install one. Are you putting it on a stock truck?

sledshaker 09-17-2012 05:29 PM

subscribed

24VChevy 09-17-2012 05:43 PM

Installing tomorrow bone stock truck.

Will have info for you.

Malcolm

mikmaze 09-18-2012 07:49 AM

lets see some pics of the parts before the instal..........

LReiff 09-18-2012 09:18 AM

PACBRAKE JakeBrake on a PPump 24v - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Let us know how it works!

madmikeismad 09-18-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikmaze (Post 1888324)
lets see some pics of the parts before the instal..........

x2 please

24VChevy 09-18-2012 11:47 PM

Installed

So I installed the load leash today. Very easy install. Adjusting the jake accuators were very simple.

The brake works better than expected. Very quiet, does not sound like a true jake but works excellent.

Tested the brake by itself without thr factory brake turned on and it slows the truck better than the VGT.

Load leash with the VGT works fantastic.

The big down side is that the control box for the LL plugs in to the OBD port. It only has two wires so assume it is the can bus communication.

I was goint to talk with PB to see if i can hard wire the communication wires so that a H&S or Edge can be plugged in at the same time.

Have a bunch of pics on the install i will up load later.

Malcolm

Sticker89 09-20-2012 02:56 PM

Subscribed. Been very curious to see how this performs. Finally someone will have some answers.

4x4dually 09-20-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24VChevy (Post 1889224)
The big down side is that the control box for the LL plugs in to the OBD port. It only has two wires so assume it is the can bus communication.

So you are saying it plugs into the ODBII port under the dash, correct? If so, yes, you could hard wire it behind that connector. The only thing that could occur to my knowledge is that you might run into a termination mismatch. I've read that the CAN C Diagnostic is terminated in the TIPM, so I doubt you would have any trouble. Just get + on + and - on - and you "should" be fine.

*this statement come with no guarantee or warranty, just from my knowledge of it, it should work.

PS. When you say two wires...is it getting power from somewhere else? Make sure those two wires are not power and ground! Your OBDII port should only have a power, a couple grounds, Can+ and Can-. I would guess you only have 5 pins in the connector housing populated.

Scooter's Roofing 09-20-2012 09:32 PM

CAN is easy... all you'd need is an OBD-II splitter

ofshorexcursion 09-20-2012 11:04 PM

I have heard the factory exhaust brake causes excessive drive pressure, resulting in blown head gaskets. I love my factory EB and use it daily while hot shot hauling. I also blew a head gasket in 145,000 miles....15 month old truck. Sucks!

I am interested in the load leash but will it also cause excessive drive pressure, cylinder pressure, or additional stress on the engine?

24VChevy 09-21-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4dually (Post 1890713)
So you are saying it plugs into the ODBII port under the dash, correct? If so, yes, you could hard wire it behind that connector. The only thing that could occur to my knowledge is that you might run into a termination mismatch. I've read that the CAN C Diagnostic is terminated in the TIPM, so I doubt you would have any trouble. Just get + on + and - on - and you "should" be fine.

*this statement come with no guarantee or warranty, just from my knowledge of it, it should work.

PS. When you say two wires...is it getting power from somewhere else? Make sure those two wires are not power and ground! Your OBDII port should only have a power, a couple grounds, Can+ and Can-. I would guess you only have 5 pins in the connector housing populated.

Yes the two wires are can bus, power and ground are tapped off a keyed wire. I am waiting for my LL and i will hook it up with the mini/ black maxx to see how it works.

Customer is very impressed by the product so far.

Malcolm

24VChevy 09-21-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ofshorexcursion (Post 1891035)
I have heard the factory exhaust brake causes excessive drive pressure, resulting in blown head gaskets. I love my factory EB and use it daily while hot shot hauling. I also blew a head gasket in 145,000 miles....15 month old truck. Sucks!

I am interested in the load leash but will it also cause excessive drive pressure, cylinder pressure, or additional stress on the engine?

I have measured more than 70 psi of drive pressure just under acceleration with the stock turbo.

Did not measure the drive pressure on this truck.

Cylinder pressure is what blows head gaskets i dont think the EB will blow head gaskets.

I have blown my head gasket on my 2010, have only 35,000 miles

Atleast Pacbrake engineered the spacer plate for Arp head studs. Pacbrake does replace three head bolts with head bolts with studs on top to secure the brake.

Malcolm

DRT086.7 09-30-2012 06:51 PM

Wheres the pics? Id like to find out if you could get one to work without the stock VGT

Diesel Duner 10-01-2012 06:15 PM

How do u turn it on/off? It would be cool if it worked off of the factory EB button.

24VChevy 10-03-2012 02:13 AM

Sorry about not posting the pictures yet. The link on post 8 Basically has all the pictures.
There is a seperate switch to activate the Load Leash. It needs to see that the VGT has been activated and the it activates, although the one i had worked without the VGT turned on. I would imagine that you could install a normal e /b and it would work fine.

They are working on releasing a non obdII version for the aftermarket crowd.

You may not want it to activate off thr factory e/b switch as it is very strong and may slow the vehicle too much.

Malcolm

Legendarydslper 10-03-2012 02:18 AM

We installed one on a 2009 and we used a 63/68/.88 and it works amazing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2