Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dodge Competition and Performance (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Engine diapers (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200581)

Justappumped24v 07-06-2018 05:09 PM

Engine diapers

Tried looking through 2 recent threads and ya no dice. UCC decided to change the rules, apparently these engine diapers will be a game changer for the track. Anyone got a cheap solution to this problem? Thanks

Muddin_dude06 07-06-2018 09:36 PM

I don’t know anything about actual engine diapers but something pretty close that may be cheap and readily available are hydraulic fluid diapers for scissor lifts. They get used on a lot of older scissor lifts that leak out of every possible fitting.

bigstacks95 07-06-2018 10:28 PM

daiper | JEGS

Looks like you might have to put two together.

To me its silly that these weren't already mandated on trucks going as fast as some UCC trucks are. I know its not fool proof but as fast as these things are going and as heavy as they are, plus if one of these engines that holds 10, 12, or 15 quarts decides to window a pan, it could get scary fast.

Justappumped24v 07-06-2018 11:00 PM

The rule is pretty vague on the website, maybe Lavon Miller can shed light on this since it was his addition according to Chris seares. I’ll probably end up having to get a custom one made since it’s now become a big deal. Don’t get me wrong I understand the principle but it just continues to sky rocket the cost of racing.

joefarmer 07-09-2018 10:59 AM

You can also run a belly pan with a liner IIRC.

97rada 07-09-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justappumped24v (Post 2673950)
The rule is pretty vague on the website, maybe Lavon Miller can shed light on this since it was his addition according to Chris seares. I’ll probably end up having to get a custom one made since it’s now become a big deal. Don’t get me wrong I understand the principle but it just continues to sky rocket the cost of racing.

It’s not expensive. Call Dj safety. Tell them you want the a cummins blanket like they made for Austin Doidge and you rock on. From a racer standpoint. I value it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highwayman 07-09-2018 12:35 PM

Build a box around the whole thing with 1/2 plate!
I’m also surprised it took this long.

Chris Tobin 07-09-2018 05:55 PM

I am VERY happy to see this and hope other sanctioning bodies adopt it as well... Oil downs kill the momentum of any event for sure!!!

The track crew at Lucas Oil Raceway @ Indianapolis literally used 108 20# bags of oil-dry during clean-up for just TWO days of racing among 50 total trucks at UCC!!!! That is WAY too much OIL getting on the racing surface!!!!

straight 6 roar 07-11-2018 12:51 AM

Agreed. Hell even some thick sheet metal with enough matting would catch a lot.