Fuel cooling

We just run our return hose that combines injector and pump returns thru an aluminum tube that passes through the widest point of the ice box. The minimal time the engine actually runs at a hook i doubt it makes hardly a difference.

Not sure how hot it's getting other than my fuel cell is hot enough you don't want to touch it. I've ran it both ways and wasn't sure which is better. I had my return run through a trans cooler that was in my ice box and at the end of a run the cell would be ice cold as well as the lift pump and injection pump were ice cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot to the touch is 130-140*...not really hot, but it could be cooled, definitely.

Will cooler fuel make a difference, not that anyone has seen I'd bet.
Chris

I could have sworn that I read diesel Burns best being about 300 degrees before being injected, that has no bearing on injection component lifespan running that hot though.

My question is, without fuel cooling, and diesels flash point being 125*, cool fuel might actually slightly retard the timing while hot fuel will combust on time. Now does more cold fuel give more hp with slightly retarded timing or less hot fuel at the correct timing. Or it could be too little difference to even matter

OH, I've never messed with anything bigger than a 13 yet...wan't much available bigger back when I was hot rodding a 12v....

But yes, in that case, try cooling it.
Chris

Back