Broke output shaft, now have driveline vibrations

Billylt250r

Hey all, couple of weeks ago I took my truck to the track and got carried away on boosting at the line. Snapped the output shaft. Didn't appear to do any other damage. Got the new output shaft put in. Truck shifts great, but now I have a vibration, starts at 69mph and ends after 75mph. Definitely a high speed vibration. Has anyone had something like this happen? What else could have twisted or happened?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2004 cummins 4 door short bed, 4x4, Ats stage 4, 90hp injectors, smarty, tst.

When the output breaks it usually damages the factory balancer on the rear driveline. It tears the rubber center where it mounts to the shaft, take a close look and if it's loose remove the shaft and finish removing it from the mount with a BMFH and re install shaft. All will be fine without it.

Gwoody, thank you very much. You were 100% correct, checked driveline, sure enough, rubber was trashed, pulled it off, and now it is right as rain. Now, can you explain how this happens?

When the output breaks there is a back lash on the rear drive shaft and it's more torque than the rubber mount can take. I've seen many broken output shafts and it happens 99% of the time. Glad you got it fixed.

Back