Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007.5-2013 6.7L (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   aisin swap (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199046)

dangerous06 01-21-2018 07:08 AM

aisin swap

Has anyone done a 68rfe to aisin swap? What is needed to make this happen?
They are becoming more available and hold up so much more!

sootie 01-21-2018 05:49 PM

Every time I see a threat of yours, I wonder if you are just trolling....

Why put a bigger hunk of crap in... Upgrade the original trans imo

jasonc 01-21-2018 06:13 PM

I'd go 48re swap, proven deal and options to control it.

Mark Nixon 01-21-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sootie (Post 2653011)
Every time I see a threat of yours, I wonder if you are just trolling....

Why put a bigger hunk of crap in... Upgrade the original trans imo

Hey, "Bawss", there's always the "ignore user" function. LOL

Mark.

BRE 01-21-2018 08:43 PM

One POS to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dangerous06 01-22-2018 05:02 PM

Seriously I like the 6 speed auto idea and the aisin is holding power real good! Yes I can always do the 48re but was wondering about future build upgrade. Seems like a legit question someone out there is toying with the idea just hoped they would chime in. BRE always has something neg to say something every time ! like the kid wanting to join the cool club so always spouts off to make others laugh. It's all good anyone anything??!

Signature600 01-22-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerous06 (Post 2653136)
Seriously I like the 6 speed auto idea and the aisin is holding power real good! Yes I can always do the 48re but was wondering about future build upgrade. Seems like a legit question someone out there is toying with the idea just hoped they would chime in. BRE always has something neg to say something every time ! like the kid wanting to join the cool club so always spouts off to make others laugh. It's all good anyone anything??!

No, I'd say he can just read your posts...I'd hate to be the people bringing you stuff to work on...

Aisin has ZERO aftermarket support. Period. So it may be tougher, but you can't buy crap for it or tune it AFAIK.
Chris

pushlar84 01-22-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Allison better idea
6 gears and proven to hold power
I own three of them and they rock

Mark Nixon 01-22-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signature600 (Post 2653138)
No, I'd say he can just read your posts...I'd hate to be the people bringing you stuff to work on...

I've met BRE and I've met Andy.

Knowing how both are built, the results would be akin to a Chihuahua getting chomped by a saint Bernard.

Guess which one yaps the most? :hehe:

Mark.

pushlar84 01-22-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmega3500 (Post 2653147)
According to Suncoast there's fixing to be a plug and play swap option from 68 to Allison!

Ya they are working with Destroked I believe
First one I did was Destroked stuff ten years ago
I think it’s the best option behind a cummins if u drive it everyday and tow heavy
48’s have there place but 6 gears is nicer than 4 for towing
The Allison cummins combo Works real well sled pulling too

BRE 01-22-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Yes. I know nothing. Never even owned a diesel truck man.
Just here for the laughs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CorneliusRox 01-22-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushlar84 (Post 2653142)
Allison better idea
6 gears and proven to hold power
I own three of them and they rock

x2, and if you've got a solid/somewhat new 68rfe, you can do the whole swap for around $2000 after selling the 68