Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   P-Pump 24Valve (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   trans wiring help! (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199879)

gododge99 04-12-2018 12:54 AM

trans wiring help!

alright guys, after multiple searchers i have come up empty handed. quick history, 99 p pump 24v race truck. after some camshaft walk last season i removed the engine to freshen it up and make some repairs, while i had it apart i had this great idea to remove the dash to save weight and make room for a cage. i also removed the ecm and engine wiring harness that was now useless. long story short i started it last night to take it for a quick test run and now i only have one foward gear, is there any way to satisfy the pcm so that it will go through all the gears? i have already seperated the wiring harness from the dash and plugged everything back in and still no worky..

Big Blue24 04-12-2018 02:57 AM

Sounds like it's time for a full manual VB and a nice shifter!!!

You can manually shift it with your column shifter, need to hit manual 1st/L before it grabs 2nd or Drive, so start in N, and in one quick motion shift it down the L. Then it will upshift to second immediately when you bump up to 2, then upshift to 3rd immediately when you bump into D. You'll need toggle switches for lockup and overdrive.

joefarmer 04-12-2018 12:51 PM

I believe the PCM will need to see a tach signal to shift correctly. There's an old thread here (2011?), I think the guy's name is Matt, that stripped out the necessary wires for just using the PCM and 12 for 47RE control. I think he posted what it takes to get it working in his F250 swap.

My biased vote is a standalone controller like the Anteater for all out race trucks.

Stormin08 04-18-2018 06:01 AM

Products | E-TransControl

BigPapa 04-18-2018 08:22 AM

Mine's not a race truck, but when I put my '95 12V in my '98.5 truck with a 47RE, I wanted it "turn key", where everything worked as stock. I had to run all the 24V sensors including the crank sensor and APPS, and the 24V ECM to make the tranny work properly.

YOUNG GUNS15 04-18-2018 09:40 AM

I’d second the recommendation for full manual valve-body. Literally the most simple way to control the transmission. No tuning, hardly any wiring. (Power and two grounds LOL)

To date I’ve had three different standalone controllers, each with their own strengths. Firepunk is probably the best option for automatic shifting AND racing. E-trans for daily driving, PCS for doing some cool shiz that really isn’t necessary haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk