Time to throw out the s467.7 turbo choices?

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
i'm about to get rid of my s467.7 .9ar (race cover) and i am torn on where to go from here. Technology has changed a lot in the 6 ish years ive ran this single.

my biggest complaint has always been spool up but i have always slightly blamed that on my converter (15 blade left cut).

either way, i have been recommended swapping to either a 476ETR 87-.90 or a 468/87-.90 v band .63ar.

This being a DD i am more concerned with spool up that total RWHP but id like to think i can get an additional 100 rwhp and better spool up at the same time with a more modern turbo. if im around 800-850 rwhp ill be fine with that. i am obviously on a 2nd gen setup with a stainless manifold.

i am open to other options and suggestions, its hard to keep up with turbo tech these days.

it will be on my 60% 0vers for now till they show some wear and tear then ill go to 120's.

are there any sound clips of the ETR style wheel i can listen to? i hear it sounds pretty unique.

Last edited:
I’ve had Jose’s 76gngsta wheel and a cast wheel 67.7 back to back, both non racecover. Both on the sxe 87 turbine & .90 housing. I don’t think the newer sxe turbines are much different, if at all? Either way, I much prefer a compressor inducer size of 70mm or less. Makes me wish I never got rid of my gtx4294 :(

If it means anything, Jose has my current turbo (cast 67.7/87) to get his version of the same sized wheel. I also have to be very mindful of smoke where I live, sf bay area. Most of the usable power there is with a single is made where the 67.7 lives, hence why it’s so popular. I’m drinking the kool aid fursure.

Both on the sxe 87 turbine & .90 housing. I don’t think the newer sxe turbines are much different, if at all?

The turbine used in the SX-E is not a new turbine, but simply the 82/92mm turbine with the inducer reduced to 87mm. It is the same turbine design as the 74/83mm and if lag is a concern and the compressor is 72mm or smaller there is no reason to use the larger turbine wheel.

I LOVE my 76 and I daily my pickup back and forth between south Dakota and north Dakota. F.I. S476/87 1.0 with DDP 100% overs and just a slight haze going down the highway thanks to les's tunes. I have a 2000 stall coverter that I'm thinking about restalling to 2400-2500 to help with spooling on the line but man is it loud!! Dont mind my info in my sig either as it isn't up to date.
2006 ccsb 5.9
.040 slugs
Stock bottom 10mm top pump
100% over ddp injectors
F.I. S476/87 1.0 t4
Silver bullet tunes
HTS full race trans 2000 stall suncoast triple disc
Fass 260
...........and other stuff
I will put up a video of it if I can figure out how to load it off my phone

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Garrett seems to make the fastest spooling chargers compared to similar size chargers and flow more air on similar size ones also. Not cheap but nice pieces.

I’ve had Jose’s 76gngsta wheel and a cast wheel 67.7 back to back, both non racecover. Both on the sxe 87 turbine & .90 housing. I don’t think the newer sxe turbines are much different, if at all? Either way, I much prefer a compressor inducer size of 70mm or less. Makes me wish I never got rid of my gtx4294 :(

If it means anything, Jose has my current turbo (cast 67.7/87) to get his version of the same sized wheel. I also have to be very mindful of smoke where I live, sf bay area. Most of the usable power there is with a single is made where the 67.7 lives, hence why it’s so popular. I’m drinking the kool aid fursure.

What does Jose say the power potential is with the billet wheel?

i'm about to get rid of my s467.7 .9ar (race cover) and i am torn on where to go from here. Technology has changed a lot in the 6 ish years ive ran this single.

my biggest complaint has always been spool up but i have always slightly blamed that on my converter (15 blade left cut).

either way, i have been recommended swapping to either a 476ETR 87-.90 or a 468/87-.90 v band .63ar.

This being a DD i am more concerned with spool up that total RWHP but id like to think i can get an additional 100 rwhp and better spool up at the same time with a more modern turbo. if im around 800-850 rwhp ill be fine with that. i am obviously on a 2nd gen setup with a stainless manifold.

i am open to other options and suggestions, its hard to keep up with turbo tech these days.

it will be on my 60% 0vers for now till they show some wear and tear then ill go to 120's.

are there any sound clips of the ETR style wheel i can listen to? i hear it sounds pretty unique.
I feel the same way about the technology part. Been running the same 75/83/90 for 8 years.(I had to think about that damn that's a long time but hardly any miles)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat, debating whether to run my 467 / 83 / 90 on my new truck or run a 472, 476 or garrett gt4202 or other garrett turbo. Hmmm...

If lag is at all a concern it will only be worse going to a larger turbo. I am not sure if that will be very enjoyable on my mega cab which is why I am hesitant.

Last edited:
I LOVE my 76 and I daily my pickup back and forth between south Dakota and north Dakota. F.I. S476/87 1.0 with DDP 100% overs and just a slight haze going down the highway thanks to les's tunes.

funny you should mention him. Les texted me and suggested the S369 SX-E... bigger compressor, smaller turbine and a small shaft and will support 800+ to the ground.

Last edited:
I LOVE my 76 and I daily my pickup back and forth between south Dakota and north Dakota. F.I. S476/87 1.0 with DDP 100% overs and just a slight haze going down the highway thanks to les's tunes. I have a 2000 stall coverter that I'm thinking about restalling to 2400-2500 to help with spooling on the line but man is it loud!! Dont mind my info in my sig either as it isn't up to date.
2006 ccsb 5.9
.040 slugs
Stock bottom 10mm top pump
100% over ddp injectors
F.I. S476/87 1.0 t4
Silver bullet tunes
HTS full race trans 2000 stall suncoast triple disc
Fass 260
...........and other stuff
I will put up a video of it if I can figure out how to load it off my phone

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

I read good things about F.I. ive never ran their stuff, id love to hear it.

funny you should mention him. Les texted me and suggested the S369 SX-E... bigger compressor, smaller turbine and a small shaft and will support 800+ to the ground.

I ran a 7.4 1/8th mile in a 06 megacab 5.9 at 8080 Lbs with a 369sxe which is over 900 to the ground. Biggest issue with the 369 is drive pressure gets out of hand quick at the top of the map

I ran a 7.4 1/8th mile in a 06 megacab 5.9 at 8080 Lbs with a 369sxe which is over 900 to the ground. Biggest issue with the 369 is drive pressure gets out of hand quick at the top of the map

Well the fact you ran that is impressive, but definitely outside the functional rand of the 69sxe.

cfdd2decf37dd2eb20c1e61376d1ece3.jpg
3a8c90d4389b97d6b4bc3cf7a205a363.jpg
0f0c3c9b0b1b8877c7aa0f78502f2c34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back