New age of CR injector theory

SPEEDSHIFT

I am looking into adding some more fuel to my 04 and I have seen bits and pieces of information that has seemed to of changed in recent years with the advances in tuning.

I just kinda wanted to bring it to light and maybe get a better understanding of what has changed. I remember a day where a 250hp injector was a "race" part. Now-a-days I see guys running 200% overs in street rigs, pulling trailers, and getting decent mileage with little to no haze at idle.

From my understanding it is actually more efficient to run a larger injector with less duration and get a more precise timing event. What other pros and cons are there with this logic?

In for the information! :Cheer:

From my understanding it is actually more efficient to run a larger injector with less duration and get a more precise timing event. What other pros and cons are there with this logic?

That's my understanding, but it's hard to get the event accurate enough to have a clean idle.

I think a lot has to do with fully understanding how to calibrate and use the right method of modification to certain areas of the injector/nozzle area. Now it's industry standard to supply a fully tested product with paperwork to your door. Before was a big guessing game with injectors having been labeled by HP ratings (most garbage product identity ever) No doubt efi live has been a huge help, but also the trial & error period of modified CR injectors is over for the most part.

Last edited:
Back