Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fleece Performance Engineering (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   No instructions for fleece controller..? (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118824)

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 10:33 AM

No instructions for fleece controller..?

Just like the title reads. I didnt get the instructions for my fleece controller to run on an 04 cr. I know these things are pretty much self explanatory but being that I'm not very familiar with cr's I'm not sure on the connections. I know the lead that hooks to the controller on the turbo isnt quite right, as I'll have to shave the plastic guides in order for it to connect. But my question is for the three leads hanging together, where do they go. I'm gonna guess map, but that will only use two of the three. Second question is for the red and black wires, can I just use ignition Pwr and ground or is that somethin specific as well. I know all this seems very ignorant to post but I have no way of contacting fleece today and need to get the truck out of here. Any help would be huge and greatly appreciated. I'll pm my # to anybody who could help. Thanks,

srt6 09-04-2011 10:47 AM

(765) 676-5063 i googled fleece performance, its not hard to find a phone number these days unless your brain dead, but anyhow here's the number they will help you

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 11:04 AM

Listen jack wagon, your attempt at sarcasm has left you in a vulnerable position to be made the brain dead retard you seem to know so well. Read the post and don't comment on it until your capable of comprehending what it's saying. The post was put up today, in this country it's Sunday. Sunday means closed. Closed means I'll be unable to contact them. Post specifically reads "today". Go fuk yourself you ignorant prick.

kleann 09-04-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzin1/2dozen (Post 1553297)
Listen jack wagon, your attempt at sarcasm has left you in a vulnerable position to be made the brain dead retard you seem to know so well. Read the post and don't comment on it until your capable of comprehending what it's saying. The post was put up today, in this country it's Sunday. Sunday means closed. Closed means I'll be unable to contact them. Post specifically reads "today". Go fuk yourself you ignorant prick.

:owned: But you need to put this in the tech section or dodge performance, pm a mod.

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 11:13 AM

I appreciate the advice. This is gonna sound dumb, but can I transfer this thread to there or do I new to just repost. Never had to do this before. Thanks

kleann 09-04-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzin1/2dozen (Post 1553304)
I appreciate the advice. This is gonna sound dumb, but can I transfer this thread to there or do I new to just repost. Never had to do this before. Thanks

You can't transfer it yourself, I see that wunderwood is on right now, pm him, he should be able to move it.

TMONEYDIESEL 09-04-2011 11:35 AM

I moved it

impmouse 09-04-2011 11:40 AM

i agree with buzzin ,, and monday is labor day , closed then to

bump for ya..

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 12:42 PM

Good deal, I appreciate the help guys

lcaad1249 09-04-2011 01:55 PM

Jim, not sure if the Diesel Power writeup would help, but here it is:
Equipping A '99 Dodge Ram With A Variable-Geometry Turbo - Diesel Power Magazine

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 06:03 PM

I appreciate all the help guys. The 3pin connector I supposed to plug into the can bus signal, but that still leaves the other two which are supposed to piggy back the map sensor. I'm wondering if I have the wrong harness since the two connectors are Completley different from the maps. It's all hooked up now and I can controll the exhaust brake fine. And when the dial reaches 100% it seems to do the same thing at 0% fueling. The test drive however was horrible. I made a total of 10lbs of boost and a high pitch squeal at WOT. No good. Anyhow the turbo seems ok by play and egt's never went over about 800.. Wtf. It has to be this map pigtail. The diesel power ad was helpful but didn't reveal everything, but I really appreciate it. Not sure what's next, maybe trim this grey hair...

SINNER 09-04-2011 06:23 PM

The website says all 3 wires hook to the datalink connector. I do not think that is the CANBUS but the proprietary Cummins connector. That is a 3 pin plug coming out of the harness down at the ECM.

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 07:06 PM

Ok, Im hooked into that connector, just didnt know the name. There is only one female connector on the fleece controller and it has to fit the engine connector. Phucked up thing is on all three of my fleece connectors there are only 2 wires fed into the three wire connector. The engine connector is three wire. My other two fleece connectors are both male. I've looked and looked but cannot find any alternative to using these connectors.

Did just notice that of the two (at this point unused) male connectors the pins inside are male on one and female on the other. Man the instructions would be awesome.

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 07:16 PM

I'm pressty sure this harness is for an 02. I don't have an 02 to verify my point but hear me out. The 02's also have a similar connector behind the vp and down a little bit with a dummy cap on it that would fit my fleece harness now. That would mean I'd have to use one of the male fittings on that data connector. The other male and female connector would be used as the map fooler, as they are the same style plug in as the 02's map. Man I hope I'm wrong but that certainly makes sense.

Of this entire system I can only find one three pin connector that fits my harness. I believe on an 02 there'd be two..

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 07:19 PM

Nevermind, that's as accurate as Randy savage throwing a butt dart. The maps on 02's are smaller, way smaller

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 07:59 PM

Can anyone tell me the name of the guy on here who works for fleece? I know it's late but if he's got a minute maybe I could pm him and just resolve this issue. I'm over it

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 09:01 PM

TTP

bobcat67 09-04-2011 09:41 PM

i hate to put a link from this site on here but i'm gonna, this might help,
Fleece vgt installed - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

AH64ID 09-04-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzin1/2dozen (Post 1553553)
Can anyone tell me the name of the guy on here who works for fleece? I know it's late but if he's got a minute maybe I could pm him and just resolve this issue. I'm over it

I think this is who you are looking for.

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

buzzin1/2dozen 09-04-2011 11:47 PM

Awesome, I sent em a pm. Thanks for the help!