Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Diesel Tech (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Fleet maintence software (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199742)

mfsuper90 03-28-2018 01:05 PM

Fleet maintence software

Looking into getting some kind of software to help keep track of repairs. We have too much equipment to keep it all in my head. I don’t even know where to start. I’d like to see part numbers, hours labor, costs for each, and maybe something else I’m not thinking of? Almost like a bill Generator.

All input is welcome.

Thanks,
Eric

wwentzler 03-28-2018 01:28 PM

Microsoft excel would likely be plenty. Once you set a spreadsheet up its stupid simple to keep up with. The only thing I would suggest is watch how much nonsense info you want included when setting up the sheet, the more columns of info you want, the easier it is to get in a rush and not record things.

Signature600 03-28-2018 01:39 PM

I would second Excel. Anything more involved would be pretty expensive in my opinion.

That being said, I'll look around for some options for you!
Chris

RascalMafia 03-28-2018 02:42 PM

have you looked into Salesforce?

mfsuper90 03-28-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signature600 (Post 2661885)
I would second Excel. Anything more involved would be pretty expensive in my opinion.

That being said, I'll look around for some options for you!
Chris

Thanks Chris.

Rascalmafia, I haven’t looked at anything. I didn’t even know where to start. I’ll check out sales force .

Even if I just had a excel template that would work for me. I’m just don’t use accel very much to be able to create the formulas. I could do it, but it would take me 10x as long as someone that knows what’s going on.

This is for our Farm, we aren’t trying to sell anything or satisfy customers. This is purely for our record keeping so we can keep track of money, parts, and equipment. We run lots of older equipment that gets worked on fairly often.

TBittner 03-28-2018 10:11 PM

You could even do it by 3 ring binders for each piece of equipment and chronologically keep track of it that way.

I’ve seen larger construction companies do it that way until they made the switch to electronic.

I think B2W is another platform for maintenance tracking as well.

PSUCE 03-29-2018 07:36 AM

Just a quick google search for an excel based equipment maintenance log came up with this. Close to what you're looking for?

LINK

mfsuper90 03-29-2018 09:54 AM

The more I hear from you guys, the more I think I should sit down and make my own excel sheet for exactly what I want, or do some more google searching to see if I can find something to fit my needs.

Basically I’m looking for something to track $$ in repairs for each individual piece of equipment so I can see if something nickel and dime us to death, or even look up the last time I replaced that certain part.

I think I’m probably making this way harder in my head than it needs to be. I will be working on this fairly soon, I’ll share my solution if/when I come up with something.

Thanks for all the input!

wwentzler 03-29-2018 10:23 AM

Excel is an awesome software, I use it literally several hours daily. If you need any help feel free to ask.

mfsuper90 04-01-2018 09:17 PM

My girlfriend suggested maybe checking out phone apps, I found one called tractor pal 2.0. Sounds like it will do everything I want it to do. Anyone heard of it before? If it worked out I could probably devote an iPad or something for shop use to log everything.