It would be nice....

RonA

.. if new products offered up as latest and greatest were accompanied by dyno graphs showing the changes produced by said product.

Third party dyno data would be sweet, why do I think the vendor of the cam I'm running isn't going to include my data in the box......

Third party dyno data would be sweet, why do I think the vendor of the cam I'm running isn't going to include my data in the box......

When i saw your thread about your finding on the cam made me wonder if its all hype that people try selling parts on for the diesel community

When i saw your thread about your finding on the cam made me wonder if its all hype that people try selling parts on for the diesel community

Oddly, I posted a dyno graph comparison we did on my truck between a Helix 2 and a 181/210. My results were much different and showed nice gains in bottom end and midrange very similar to what Hamilton posted. But if it doesn't work on a common rail, that should be included in the info.

Oddly, I posted a dyno graph comparison we did on my truck between a Helix 2 and a 181/210. My results were much different and showed nice gains in bottom end and midrange very similar to what Hamilton posted. But if it doesn't work on a common rail, that should be included in the info.

I never saw that Ron. Was that on one of your 24 valve p pumps? I agree completely when peoples findings should be put out there by a manufacture. The most ive ever seen for 12 valve cams or even exhaust manifolds are peoples butt dynos or what their impression was. Nothing hard core enough to make me want to drop money on. Dont need areas of gray in people making a profit.

I'd LOVE to see EFI Live do that,back to back,same truck-same dyno-same weather conditions,BEFORE they go touting AND Piling On about being the end all,be all CR Tuner.

I'd LOVE to see EFI Live do that,back to back,same truck-same dyno-same weather conditions,BEFORE they go touting AND Piling On about being the end all,be all CR Tuner.

I thought it was? Can't you change every variable with it? Isn't that pretty much as good as gets?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Joe, these cams work well on common rail engines, period. They allow more air into and out of the engine for a given RPM range. If you did not see an increase in power, then there is another inhibiting factor to your combo. Chargers, injectors, rate of injection etc. I can promise you that the cam is working in allowing more air into your engine. Cams are fairly stupid, they don't know to do anything other than what they were designed to do. If it is spinning, it is working the same as it would on any truck. I have piles of emails from satisfied customers saying they work. There is something else not right with your combo. I have offered to buy back the cam numerous times. You are acting like I am holding you over a barrell or that I pulled a fast one on you. If I had not made that offer, I would let you take cheap shots at me every other day, but that is not the case. I am asking you to be a man about this and allow me to take care of you like I said I would. Or if being straight up is not your style, please continue proliferating your version of Jerry Springer mentality on the forums.

And the reason I don't include Dyno data is that people like yourself call b.s. on anything you did not do. There is no winning with people like you. I am done with dyno sheets and flow charts. I will include the entire specifications of the cam, with the final responsibility being on the customer to know how to pick the corect parts to go together. I consider this the same as most gasoline guys having a 700CFM carb and a huge cam on his small block with 8:1 compression and stock heads and exhaust manifold. If the cam does not perform as you think, there is something else that could be wrong ;)

Please excuse the interuption, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
with the final responsibility being on the customer to know how to pick the corect parts to go together

Jeesh, Imagine that... well said

Edit...
I and a friend of mine (Russellt198), are heading to a local Dyno on the 13th, he has already PM'ed Taylor asking if he could Beta test a 3rdgen manifold, and swap between the stock, and it between pulls. Might be good data.

Last edited:

EFILive isn't a tune, it's programming software. The end result is only as good as the user. In which case the measurement would be choose a truck with whatever programmer you like, and back to back it with a particular tuner's skill.

Cheers
Cindy

Joe, these cams work well on common rail engines, period. They allow more air into and out of the engine for a given RPM range. If you did not see an increase in power, then there is another inhibiting factor to your combo. Chargers, injectors, rate of injection etc. I can promise you that the cam is working in allowing more air into your engine. Cams are fairly stupid, they don't know to do anything other than what they were designed to do. If it is spinning, it is working the same as it would on any truck. I have piles of emails from satisfied customers saying they work. There is something else not right with your combo. I have offered to buy back the cam numerous times. You are acting like I am holding you over a barrell or that I pulled a fast one on you. If I had not made that offer, I would let you take cheap shots at me every other day, but that is not the case. I am asking you to be a man about this and allow me to take care of you like I said I would. Or if being straight up is not your style, please continue proliferating your version of Jerry Springer mentality on the forums.

And the reason I don't include Dyno data is that people like yourself call b.s. on anything you did not do. There is no winning with people like you. I am done with dyno sheets and flow charts. I will include the entire specifications of the cam, with the final responsibility being on the customer to know how to pick the corect parts to go together. I consider this the same as most gasoline guys having a 700CFM carb and a huge cam on his small block with 8:1 compression and stock heads and exhaust manifold. If the cam does not perform as you think, there is something else that could be wrong ;)

Why dig up a 4 month old post to bag on Chris?

Holy four month old thread batman.

Firstly Never even named you in this thread.

Second, where are all these cheap shots? I even searched my own posts and came up blank. This is pretty much the only forum I hang out on so can't be another.

Third, Jerry Springer....LOL really?

In that thread I acknowledged that the cam lowered boost by ten pounds.

YET could show absolutely no increase in spool or power for it.

It is what it is.........(other's results may vary) does that help?

I had planned on giving your cam a shot at the 80MM GTX4508 triples that are going to move a **** load of air, but if your going to be a prick about it I can go ahead and pull it and throw one of Colt's in there and let him get the air time?

Mike going around causing trouble again!

Holy chit, I didn't know what you were talking about, so I went and looked. I had no idea this thread was dormant that long. I was just going through all my sub'd threads looking to catch up on some. Don't ask me how, but I thought this was a current thread.

Sorry guys!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Back