12v no low end power when hot

Jeremy001995

diesel mecanic
when the engine is cold it runs perfect and spool nice,no excessive smoke. when warm(5min of driving) truck as no low end power... no power and lot of smoke... but when cold it has power and normal smoke.. .got 70psi of fuel pressure,fuel shutoff is good and adjusted right..
in the last month the truck stalled right on the road.. 2 time.. and started right up..
when hot on a gravel road,in 4th around 1600rpm and i floor it.. no boost until 2000-2100rpm.. and around 40-45 at 2500rpm.. and a lot of smoke..

Tanks!!

When you get it to operating temp, dump a gallon plus of ice water on the pump and take it for a rip. If it acts normal, then you barrels in the pump are warped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like the secondary is not doing his job..wastegate actuator is good and ajusted right..the wastegate look closed, when i have remove the actuator the shaft is free,not jammed. will remove the wastegate cover tonight to see if someting is broke...

just fixed it,, i removed the cover on the wastegate housing, the 2 puck was not sealing proprely, had to shortened the actuator rod and put some tention on the puck to keep them closed when not needed..truck is really fun to drive now.. but same issue as my 475..no more than 53lbs of boost.. nevermind lol

If I were you, I'd swap out the diaphragm actuator for a spring-gate. The diaphragm works good for a single, but I've had better results with a spring-gate on compounds. Not sure it will correct your 53psi of boost, but it may.

running strong at 80-85lbs of boost now! since the beginning..just a crappy Maxtow(glow shift) boost gage..it was a 0-60psi.. but never passed 53psi.. what a crap..

Back