ordering parts for my p pump. any suggestions?

cumminss2000

i got a 180 hp p pump to put on my 2000 24v. i'll be ordering parts for it pretty soon and wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions. i'm ordering a 4KGS rack plug and probably delivery valves. i would like to keep the stuck streetabe but have a competitive 2.6 puller. does a pump have to be balanced when changing delivery valves? is it just as easy to change them with the pump on the truck as it is off the truck? and what would be a good size? i'll have .093 lines and i have 7x12 injectors.

i got a 180 hp p pump to put on my 2000 24v. i'll be ordering parts for it pretty soon and wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions. i'm ordering a 4KGS rack plug and probably delivery valves. i would like to keep the stuck streetabe but have a competitive 2.6 puller. does a pump have to be balanced when changing delivery valves? is it just as easy to change them with the pump on the truck as it is off the truck? and what would be a good size? i'll have .093 lines and i have 7x12 injectors.
I would send my pump to be benched after changing dvs and 4ks.

No it doesn't have t be balanced after dv change. Doesn't matter ifits on or off the truck. On the truck is easier though.

Pump doesdn't need to be pulled to change delivery valves, but pulling it and sending it to a good pump shop for a bump and balance is always a good thing. Especially if you are looking for as much power as possible and still be able to daily drive it.
A quick UPS ride to Northeast Diesel Service will be the best dollar for dollar performance upgrade you can get.

Last edited:
Back