New CRT 48RE Competition Only Trans Brake

Why do you run the trans upside down for dyno testing? Just so it's easy to fill while having the dip stick tube plugged?

Did I misunderstand the video, or does it really have 150 psi converter release pressure when unlocked and just 50 psi apply pressure when the converter is locked?

In lock up the converter is not being charged with fluid because in lock up it is not feeding the cooler. In lock up the switch valve switches to feed cool from main line pressure and not from converter exhaust. The lower pressure is to maintain fluid in the converter and not feed or charge the converter.

We took the comp only valve body on tested it in a 900 hp street truck. Worked perfectly.

Attachments

• 20181201_200939.jpg
    20181201_200939.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181201_120113.jpg
    20181201_120113.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181121_122848.jpg
    20181121_122848.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 0
There it is... a 900hp first gen ve powered truck..... gotta have 10s in her lol...

The 1st gen that the vb was tested on the engine dyno made 1157hp and 1900ft lbs

13mm Farrell pump
5x25s Hart’s
69mm/88mm compounds
Colt stage 4 cam IMG_0933.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e33be3b67d5e5854d7ca914a42ac8b6d.jpg

In lock up the converter is not being charged with fluid because in lock up it is not feeding the cooler. In lock up the switch valve switches to feed cool from main line pressure and not from converter exhaust. The lower pressure is to maintain fluid in the converter and not feed or charge the converter.

In your video, you pointed to two gauges and said they are converter off and converter on. When you commanded lockup, the gauge that was at 160 psi (I assume converter release pressure) drops to zero and the other gauge that was around 132 psi falls to 50 psi. Correct me if I am wrong, but that shows you are creating just 50 psi of lockup apply pressure. Have you tested this long-term to see the effects on converter lockup clutch life especially on a competition vehicle? Second, have you tested the effects of having a 28 psi differential between converter release and apply pressure on a competition vehicle when staged at the starting line building boost/stalled at 2000+ RPM against the converter? I love that you are building new products and I'm just trying to understand your results/findings, maybe head off a burned converter or two if what I'm seeing/understanding is correct.

In your video, you pointed to two gauges and said they are converter off and converter on. When you commanded lockup, the gauge that was at 160 psi (I assume converter release pressure) drops to zero and the other gauge that was around 132 psi falls to 50 psi. Correct me if I am wrong, but that shows you are creating just 50 psi of lockup apply pressure. Have you tested this long-term to see the effects on converter lockup clutch life especially on a competition vehicle? Second, have you tested the effects of having a 28 psi differential between converter release and apply pressure on a competition vehicle when staged at the starting line building boost/stalled at 2000+ RPM against the converter? I love that you are building new products and I'm just trying to understand your results/findings, maybe head off a burned converter or two if what I'm seeing/understanding is correct.

Working on getting it in a 5.90 truck for this next season, should give us a good look at the condition of the converter.

Back