Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dodge Competition and Performance (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater' (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173879)

joefarmer 11-10-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJeepyjohn (Post 2380119)
Ya know, I've got an RH and currently I am the controller. Eliminating that might be a good idea. Although it's not much for street driving.

It was nice to put the truck in drive and go down the track without shifting.

JJeepyjohn 11-10-2014 12:13 PM

That would be nice. One less thing to remember. Or accidentally shut off at half track lol

joefarmer 12-02-2014 01:12 PM

Beta units are shipping as fast as I can source the 8-pin transmission connectors. They are currently backorder from Germany and I don't have quite enough to fulfill the current orders.

Here is the list of known issues from the beta testers:

1. Trans temp compensation on very cold mornings (<32F) doesn't bring up pressure fast enough to shift from 1-2 unless you warm the transmission up. The work around is to either warm the transmission up for a few minutes (1200rpm in drive with the vehicle brakes) or drive a block above 25mph, slow to 15mph and then it will shift the second time it tries.

2. Loading and switching between tunes is currently disabled due to a former issue with tune loading. I think I have it worked out, but I didn't want to enable it without getting street miles in my daily driver to make sure it won't leave someone stranded in limp mode.

3. I discovered this morning the overdrive lockout switch works wonderfully, but causes a limp mode condition when you come to a stop. I found the issue and will test it tonight.

JJeepyjohn 12-02-2014 03:41 PM

On the RH transmission. What/how are you picking up the mph from? Are you using the factory sender? If so how do you work that in as I am not running a computer of any type.

joefarmer 12-03-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJeepyjohn (Post 2389374)
On the RH transmission. What/how are you picking up the mph from? Are you using the factory sender? If so how do you work that in as I am not running a computer of any type.

All controller versions use the factory VSS in the overdrive section. The harness I build powers the VSS and nothing else is needed.

The overdrive issue is fixed in the latest build. It also has new code so a missing wired remote doesn't cause a limp-mode condition.

MAXTORQ 12-03-2014 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=joefarmer;2389303]Beta units are shipping as fast as I can source the 8-pin transmission connectors. They are currently backorder from Germany and I don't have quite enough to fulfill the current orders.

You talking about these? If so you can buy them from Electrical Advantage or I have a few in the drawer I can get to you.

thatguy69 12-03-2014 07:06 PM

[quote=MAXTORQ;2389826]
Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 2389303)
Beta units are shipping as fast as I can source the 8-pin transmission connectors. They are currently backorder from Germany and I don't have quite enough to fulfill the current orders.

You talking about these? If so you can buy them from Electrical Advantage or I have a few in the drawer I can get to you.

i just bought one on ebay for 50 bucks shipped a couple of weeks ago
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141457719214...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

JJeepyjohn 12-04-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 2389676)
All controller versions use the factory VSS in the overdrive section. The harness I build powers the VSS and nothing else is needed.

Will it have a port to hook up either the factory or aftermarket speedo?

joefarmer 12-04-2014 11:19 AM

Firepunk had a few connectors in stock that I'm getting tonight to complete the other 4 beta units. The company that makes them had this to say:

"This product is no longer available from ITT Cannon. ITT has informed us that the tool made to use this connector has broken and they are not going to fix it due to low demand.
Phil"

Rob, I may take you up on those if Jeremy can't supply more. The funny thing is they'll let me buy the 1000's of pins for the connector, but not the plastic part.

joefarmer 12-04-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJeepyjohn (Post 2390008)
Will it have a port to hook up either the factory or aftermarket speedo?

Unfortunately, no integrated speedo signal on this release. It would be a good thing for the future, once everything promised in the current version works as designed.

JJeepyjohn 12-05-2014 01:55 AM

And just out of curiosity, . What kind of power will this be pulling and if power is disrupted will it have to re-learn. Or for that matter will it have to learn at all?

12vriviera 12-05-2014 08:31 AM

You could sell it as a splice into your plug kit...

biggy238 12-05-2014 11:00 AM

You assume the liability that the connector is sound by doing that. Then you deal with product issues due to something beyond your control

joefarmer 12-05-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJeepyjohn (Post 2390264)
And just out of curiosity, . What kind of power will this be pulling and if power is disrupted will it have to re-learn. Or for that matter will it have to learn at all?

It's not a learning system. It's pretty bulletproof from the software side. It will go into recovery mode if you accidentally remove power when it's flashing. The flash takes ~2.3 seconds so it would be pretty hard to trick it.

JJeepyjohn 12-05-2014 02:37 PM

What about power draw?
I ask because I shut my alternator off and run off battery power while going down the track.

CorneliusRox 12-05-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJeepyjohn (Post 2390476)
What about power draw?
I ask because I shut my alternator off and run off battery power while going down the track.

I would guess the drivers for the solenoids are the biggest power draws, and they probably aren't going to draw anything except what stock would anyways.

joefarmer 12-08-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneliusRox (Post 2390478)
I would guess the drivers for the solenoids are the biggest power draws, and they probably aren't going to draw anything except what stock would anyways.

Correct. 0.3A for the controller at full load; solenoids draw like stock power levels; total system load is easily served by a 10A fuse.

Chevycummins 12-13-2014 03:24 PM

Anyone else beta testing that got the driver to work on their laptop?

thundergunder 12-14-2014 04:54 PM

Subscribing to this one! Hate the shift pattern of my 02...

thundergunder 12-23-2014 06:40 PM

hows this coming along?