Fletcher represents at Diesel Thunder

Rottin Rhonda

Entrepreneur
Well, Darrin's Fletcher-built 12v put down 810hp on #2 only on a dynojet!! :ylsuper: Awesome truck! I came in a close second by a margin of only 134horses (at 676). :bang He beat me like a redheaded stepchild.:bow: My previous best on that dyno was 629...
I don't feel too bad, as I came in above more than 20 trucks in our class, and out of the whole event only one truck running big drugs beat us, passing Darrin by 7hp.
At the track Darrin and Fletcher were the two quickest trucks; Fletcher was fastest at 10.10's (got the trophy for best ET), and both trucks lost traction on shifts all the way down. I'm sure there will be video and pics soon.
Great event as usual with 55 trucks dynoing. Lots of Duramaxes at the track; those things take off pretty quick, with very little smoke.

I accidentally signed up for the Unlimited class because I was under the assumption that twins was in the same catagories as the nitrous/water meth. Also I think that all sponsored trucks should be in the unlimited class. Good work darin and Rhonda, both trucks looked great, but why no Rhonda drag runs? My best ET all day was a 12.20 at 109. not much by your standards but with 37 inch tires, I am happy. Steve

BONDO said:
I accidentally signed up for the Unlimited class because I was under the assumption that twins was in the same catagories as the nitrous/water meth. Also I think that all sponsored trucks should be in the unlimited class. Good work darin and Rhonda, both trucks looked great, but why no Rhonda drag runs? My best ET all day was a 12.20 at 109. not much by your standards but with 37 inch tires, I am happy. Steve

I dont know of any sponsored trucks in the dyno..... I know there are some that have gotten discounts on stuff, but i dont consider that a sponsorship. Which ones are you talking about?

Arent discounts that people get that not joe scmoe would get partial sponsorships? I recieve certain discounts and insight thagt not everyone gets. I consider them partial sponsors.

I also get alot of free dyno time, to help represent the company that helps me, and that inturn helps advertise.

BONDO said:
Arent discounts that people get that not joe scmoe would get partial sponsorships? I recieve certain discounts and insight thagt not everyone gets. I consider them partial sponsors.

I guess under that, it could be a partial sponsorship. I know that i pay for my parts, but i have gotten help on labor for somethings. (that is for the few things that were done outside my garage) I guess there are a few of us that do get more insite then others, but that is always going to happen when there are little clicks here and there.

I guess when i think of a "sponsored" truck, the owner pays a highly reduced cost, or even none, and will usually get most time donated. I do know that there are a few trucks running around like that..... i wonder if they are taking applications for one more........ :bow:

Actually, my truck is very much "sponsored." I'm grateful for the companies that back my ride, and I'll do my best to keep their names on top.
As far as racing goes, it was really nice for a change to just sit and watch the action. And although I love to race, at this point I have nothing to prove... ;)
Darrin, your truck looks small compared to Fletcher's. It was just plain cool seeing you run together; I hope I get to see them again this season. It also speaks volumes that your top dyno truck bracket raced all night. Nice! :rockwoot:

Rottin Rhonda said:
Actually, my truck is very much "sponsored." I'm grateful for the companies that back my ride, and I'll do my best to keep their names on top.
As far as racing goes, it was really nice for a change to just sit and watch the action. And although I love to race, at this point I have nothing to prove... ;)
Darrin, your truck looks small compared to Fletcher's. It was just plain cool seeing you run together; I hope I get to see them again this season. It also speaks volumes that your top dyno truck bracket raced all night. Nice! :rockwoot:

I had a LOT of fun going down the track with fletcher. It was funny to see him constantly pulling a little on me the whole way down the track. :bow:

support

I’m sorry Darin for advising you NOT TO enhance your motor (tune) for that dyno run and remain focus on hooking up your HP at the track. As soon as you get that bad boy linked, it will be hard to catch you.

As far as vendor support, I agree, and this is my opinion why; My front bumper has an Industrial Injection Services “The Ultimate in Diesel Performance” sticker displayed across it…

Now, I might get a little price break.. However, the primary reason I use Industrial Injection service’s product is because of the consistent quality w/their FLOW MATCHED injectors, plus the engineering behind a degreed EDM mulit-port tip injector that factor’s in volumetrics and timing to establish you most proficient application giving your motor the highest HP achievable...
So, I do have a sticker and occasionally receive a discount and seen other trucks w/ stickers on them as well.

Fletcher said:
I’m sorry Darin for advising you NOT TO enhance your motor (tune) for that dyno run and remain focus on hooking up your HP at the track. As soon as you get that bad boy linked, it will be hard to catch you.

As far as vendor support, I agree, and this is my opinion why; My front bumper has an Industrial Injection Services “The Ultimate in Diesel Performance” sticker displayed across it…

Now, I might get a little price break.. However, the primary reason I use Industrial Injection service’s product is because of the consistent quality w/their FLOW MATCHED injectors, plus the engineering behind a degreed EDM mulit-port tip injector that factor’s in volumetrics and timing to establish you most proficient application giving your motor the highest HP achievable...
So, I do have a sticker and occasionally receive a discount and seen other trucks w/ stickers on them as well.
So you would dyno in the unlimited class?

Fletcher said:
It wouldn’t be fair to the unlimited “Nos” class for me to dyno my all motor truck in.

Would it be fair to dyno your all motor against my all motor?:evil :poke:

Back