Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dodge Competition and Performance (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Converting a FMVB back to a regular VB. (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201351)

Got Smoke? 10-27-2018 08:22 PM

Converting a FMVB back to a regular VB.

Ok I converted my 97 from a NV4500 to auto with a constant pressure FMVB 47RE out of a 2001 truck.

I'm wanting to go back to a regular style self shifting VB, and eventually a Anteater controller for racing purposes.

I found this post doing some searching, and no I don't have a Goerend VB in my transmission but if Dave's can be reversed so easily why can't mine? This seems like it would be a whole lot more cost effective rather than having to sell my VB and buy a newly built one.

WTT or WTS: Goerend FMVB for regular constant pressure VB. - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

thatguy69 10-27-2018 09:43 PM

Yes it can be, the separator plate, 1-2 shift valve and 1-2 gov plug get changed off the top of my head, I got it wrote down in my book at home. And re add the transducer/solenoid. I think it was like 35 bucks plus the electronics. I'm sure any tranny shop can sell you what you need, finding one that will is another question. I got the run around from a few well known shops that just wanted to sell me a new valve body, and told me it was impossible to reverse.

Got Smoke? 10-27-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguy69 (Post 2684041)
Yes it can be, the separator plate, 1-2 shift valve and 1-2 gov plug get changed off the top of my head, I got it wrote down in my book at home. And re add the transducer/solenoid. I think it was like 35 bucks plus the electronics. I'm sure any tranny shop can sell you what you need, finding one that will is another question. I got the run around from a few well known shops that just wanted to sell me a new valve body, and told me it was impossible to reverse.

If you could check that out and get back to me I’d greatly appreciate it!! :bow::rockwoot:

thatguy69 10-28-2018 12:03 AM

Any idea who's fmvb you have?

Got Smoke? 10-28-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguy69 (Post 2684046)
Any idea who's fmvb you have?

The entire transmission was built by a local shop to me. I was lied to about it's condition in the trade I got it from, and didn't drive the truck before it was pulled. The shop that built it did help me out quite a bit he completely tore it down replaced damaged forward clutches, replaced a section of the VB where screws had stripped, and cut open the convertor and replaced the warped and damaged clutches and steels in it all for like $1600. I was going to contact him next week to see what he would say about reversing the VB, but I didn't start digging into this until early yesterday.

Made-In-TX 11-04-2018 12:04 AM

Man, that sucks you're having to deal with the unplanned :bs: But, I was recently pondering the same question about one of Lavons fmvb :confused:

SPEEDSHIFT 11-05-2018 11:07 AM

Step one is figuring out who built the VB you have, once you know that you can order the correct parts.

Got Smoke? 11-07-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT (Post 2684702)
Step one is figuring out who built the VB you have, once you know that you can order the correct parts.

I know exactly who built it they went through the trans right after I got it driving because the jackazz lied to me about its condition.

Been meaning to call and see if he say's its convertible back to regular VB, but I keep forgetting. :nail: