Od and lockup issues

97$moker

Hukt on fonix wurkt fr me
I'm having issues with my trans, it shifts to od then back to 3rd and so on, I have to floor it to over 50 just to try to get it to stay in od. And it doesn't want to stay in lock up, it's got a stock stall DPC triple disc and a valve body with a shift kit. Any ideas or anything I can do to make the converter lock sooner and stuff.:thankyou2:

I am having the same kind of issue on a brand new transmission. Cruising along it wants to continually do a quick unlock/lock of the TCC or shift out and back in of OD. My OD shifts are also a little too firm for my liking.

Ya mine doesnt want to go to od unless i smash it till it wont go nomore, then it'll go but then getting it to lock and stay locked is a whole nother problem.

Mine is controlled by a compushift mini and uses the speed sensor in a rear Ford axle.

I am going to put some manual switches for testing purposes, if that doesn't fix it, I will have to dig into the transmission.

Last edited:
That sure sounds like my truck when the tps was on the fritz. Also the bushings on the throttle bellcrank can wear out and shift around causing strange shifting issues.

Back