Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dodge Competition and Performance (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater' (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173879)

joefarmer 07-20-2015 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the black controller without the faceplate attached. If you want to return your white remote for it, just send it back to Firepunk and I'll have them send this model out (with the faceplate).

Borrell07 07-20-2015 11:55 PM

I'll do that, when mine gets here.

Also I have a question, the 48re that is getting swapped into my 2012 has the TV motor actuator. Any help with what I need to do with it for the swap would be great.

joefarmer 07-21-2015 10:55 AM

Take it off. Use an old style TV lever and zip tie it to the rear of the trans (full line pressure). If it won't shift out of first, then increase the Governor Pressure Modifier in the tune until it shifts into second reliably.

bling 08-02-2015 10:40 PM

Pm sent joefarmer

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Nighthawk 08-03-2015 01:35 AM

I read the whole thread, can I just drop "anteater" on my truck (stock VB) and go or do I need an aftermarket? Sorry if this was said but as quoted below it doesn't say if VB mods (shift kit/aftermarket) are required.

"The Anteater can be used with any valvebody and is not limited by needing a specific valvebody. Over three years of daily testing were used to dev
elop the Anteater so that “it just works when you plug it in”. The Anteater also adds functionality over existing lockup controllers on the market due to its tightly integrated TPS and temperature compensation."

:thankyou2:

biggy238 08-03-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk (Post 2474134)
I read the whole thread, can I just drop "anteater" on my truck (stock VB) and go or do I need an aftermarket? Sorry if this was said but as quoted below it doesn't say if VB mods (shift kit/aftermarket) are required.

"The Anteater can be used with any valvebody and is not limited by needing a specific valvebody. Over three years of daily testing were used to dev
elop the Anteater so that “it just works when you plug it in”. The Anteater also adds functionality over existing lockup controllers on the market due to its tightly integrated TPS and temperature compensation."

The only requirement here is that the electronics still be in place (seems obvious but....)

It needs the TPS, OSS, OD solenoid and TCC solenoid. For RE's, it needs the Governor pressure solenoid, and pressure transducer/temp sensor.

With that being said, it's plug and play. You pop the connectors loose on the outside of the trans case, install the new ones, add the wiring for the TPS circuit, and wire the obligatory B+, B-SW, B-, and the wired remote control.

I will see if I have any installation photos. It was easy for me, but I'm a professional technician so this was a relatively basic install. I would call it a 1 or 2 on a scale with 5 being difficult.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Kyle

bling 08-03-2015 08:01 PM

Can you only order these from joefarmer through here or dud I miss a, website/link

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Moparmatty 08-03-2015 08:02 PM

They are sold through Firepunk Diesel.

biggy238 08-03-2015 08:07 PM

http://www.firepunk.com/anteater

Brandon is on vacation atm.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Nighthawk 08-22-2015 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggy238 (Post 2474219)
The only requirement here is that the electronics still be in place (seems obvious but....)

It needs the TPS, OSS, OD solenoid and TCC solenoid. For RE's, it needs the Governor pressure solenoid, and pressure transducer/temp sensor.

With that being said, it's plug and play. You pop the connectors loose on the outside of the trans case, install the new ones, add the wiring for the TPS circuit, and wire the obligatory B+, B-SW, B-, and the wired remote control.

I will see if I have any installation photos. It was easy for me, but I'm a professional technician so this was a relatively basic install. I would call it a 1 or 2 on a scale with 5 being difficult.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Kyle

I should have been more clear, I was more wondering if the stock VB would be a limiting part of the system vs. a modified VB. Although a great system, I am left wondering if the 47re has enough flexibility even with a stand alone PCM to get me to my goal. Basically, I want to be able to control it similar to a 4r100 or Allison with regards to shift points (up or down) and TC lock/unlock. Any possibility of videos of the programing in action, say in a DD or towing situation?

biggy238 08-22-2015 05:10 AM

My truck is down at the moment. If I get the chance I will try and video, but all I can really demonstrate is what my cluster and pillar gauges will be doing on the two tunes. I do have two tunes that are different strategies, one to lock early and function like a manual, and one to ride the converter to build boost.

Brandon will have to answer about the stock VB. I see no reason why it wouldn't yield the same control, sans the modifications for lockup in 2nd.

Nighthawk 08-22-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggy238 (Post 2479013)
My truck is down at the moment. If I get the chance I will try and video, but all I can really demonstrate is what my cluster and pillar gauges will be doing on the two tunes. I do have two tunes that are different strategies, one to lock early and function like a manual, and one to ride the converter to build boost.

Brandon will have to answer about the stock VB. I see no reason why it wouldn't yield the same control, sans the modifications for lockup in 2nd.

I will try to find time to put a call into Firepunk sometime in the upcoming weeks. However, since the 47re is mostly mechanical regards to shifts with electronic assistance, are you able to "hold" gears in a speed "window" to prevent upshift/downshift from occurring too soon/late?

Chevycummins 08-22-2015 03:44 PM

In a way yes. When you set your graph with the speeds and throttle percent it will hang in that gear till you reach the next throttle/mph shift point. That's how I eliminated some of the hunting for gears on mine by making the graph chart more like a stair case

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

biggy238 08-22-2015 05:30 PM

I still hooked up the TPS on mine so it is purely speed based mapping at this point.
It shifts accurately for each of the shift points.

biggy238 08-22-2015 06:50 PM

*have not*

CUMMINS97 08-23-2015 05:44 PM

Haven't messed with my truck in a while when I last used it it shifted good and down shifted fine. Now it will not down shift to first gear I tried to change governor pressure modifier up and down did not help. The only thing i changed is I hooked the TV cable back up, because with the lever full back it shifts to hard at lite throttle. Any ideas?

CUMMINS97 08-23-2015 05:47 PM

I forgot one thing it now has a flare between 1 and 2 that it has never had before even when i had the cable hooked up before.

Chevycummins 08-23-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUMMINS97 (Post 2479315)
Haven't messed with my truck in a while when I last used it it shifted good and down shifted fine. Now it will not down shift to first gear I tried to change governor pressure modifier up and down did not help. The only thing i changed is I hooked the TV cable back up, because with the lever full back it shifts to hard at lite throttle. Any ideas?

So you was running the TV lever full rear ? Now you have the cable hooked back up and causing issues?

CUMMINS97 08-23-2015 06:41 PM

I originally had it hooked up and did not have this problem. Then went to lever full back shifted good just to aggressive at lite throttle. So i went back to the cable to see if i could make it work better and these are my issues now.

Chevycummins 08-23-2015 06:52 PM

May have to adjust it or adjust the stop inside to a stop then secure the lever back