Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   John Deere (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   3010 diesel (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199200)

Nowak's Diesel 02-02-2018 02:07 PM

3010 diesel

Looking for a good used injection pump ”rosamaster” for my 3010 John Deere. Thanks in advance.

CowboyEdition 02-02-2018 02:32 PM

Did the hydraulic head in your old one seize up? If not, it's usually pretty economical to rebuild them.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Nowak's Diesel 02-03-2018 07:55 AM

No, the first pump had a busted shaft, went through and cleaned all the lines,tank, and replaced 2 injectors. I put a used pump on it. I can get it to run but it won’t rev up and smokes white like it’s out of time, I have to have the throttle wide open to get it to stay running, with throttle wide open it will barely idle. I’ve had the pump off 5 different times to make sure its in time. Motor has 500hrs on it since rebuild. I’ve checked valve lash and compression, they are fine. It’s like the pump won’t pump push enough fuel. I’ve also noticed the line in the sight window on the pump is all the way to the left and hardly visible. Could the pump be timed wrong internally? Thanks in Advance.

CowboyEdition 02-03-2018 07:58 PM

The timing marks should both line up at center of window at #1 TDC. If not, there's definitely a timing problem. Far left is a long way off. There is a clockwise and counterclockwise version of those pumps and the cam ring can be installed upside down, but I think the timing advance is probably screwed or installed backwards.

Nowak's Diesel 02-03-2018 09:57 PM

I’ll get it off this week and tear it apart. Thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it. Is there any particular way to see if the timing advance is screwed up internally once I get it apart?

strokin02 02-03-2018 10:48 PM

Depends also if itd the big shaft pump or small shaft

CowboyEdition 02-04-2018 08:19 AM

I think the pump shaft on those has a spline on it at the pump end. I wonder is it possible if the shaft got pulled out far enough that the splines disengaged? It may have been pushed back in out of time then, maybe one spline out or something.

As far as the timing advance, first figure out which way the pump rotates. I can't remember which way it goes on a 3010. Then check the location of the power side of the timing advance. Housing should be marked C for clockwise and CC for counterclockwise, the power side should be installed facing the direction of rotation marking. If that's all good, pull the Advance apart and make sure the Piston moves freely.