Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shootout Productions Inc (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   2014 Rules (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165162)

shootoutproinc 01-18-2014 12:44 AM

2014 Rules
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here are the updated rules for the 2014 season.

bigstacks95 01-18-2014 08:03 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sarafin 01-18-2014 08:36 AM

Now where's the schedule!! :D

CumminNotRunnin 01-21-2014 08:52 AM

Just to verify a 2.5 truck needs to run a S300 based charger. No s400 based 2.5 chargers are aloud?

shootoutproinc 01-21-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CumminNotRunnin (Post 2243350)
Just to verify a 2.5 truck needs to run a S300 based charger. No s400 based 2.5 chargers are aloud?

Yes, that is correct.

DISTURBED 01-21-2014 09:14 AM

What about a Garret or holset chargers?

ClamDigger4 01-21-2014 09:17 AM

Hx40 and gt30 I believe

phone

shootoutproinc 01-21-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBED (Post 2243368)
What about a Garret or holset chargers?

Here is the complete turbocharger rule for 2.5.

Turbocharger: The turbochargers limited to a single small frame (s300, gt30, hx 40 or smaller) 2.5 inch inducer bore turbo. The bore will be checked with a 2.550 inch plug. No MWE groove larger than .200 inch is permitted. No bushing of the inducer is permitted. 6.4 liter Power stroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration in OEM stock form only, no modifications allowed. Aftermarket exhaust manifolds are permitted as long as the exhaust flange is no larger than T4 (3.500 x 2.750).The driver will be responsible for making the compressor wheel and bore accessible for Tech Officials to measure bore and inspect the compressor wheel.

1pieceatatime. 01-22-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootoutproinc (Post 2243374)
Here is the complete turbocharger rule for 2.5.

Turbocharger: The turbochargers limited to a single small frame (s300, gt30, hx 40 or smaller) 2.5 inch inducer bore turbo. The bore will be checked with a 2.550 inch plug. No MWE groove larger than .200 inch is permitted. No bushing of the inducer is permitted. 6.4 liter Power stroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration in OEM stock form only, no modifications allowed. Aftermarket exhaust manifolds are permitted as long as the exhaust flange is no larger than T4 (3.500 x 2.750).The driver will be responsible for making the compressor wheel and bore accessible for Tech Officials to measure bore and inspect the compressor wheel.

Why does the compressor wheel need to be made accessible? I don't see where the rule puts any sort of limitation on compressor wheels.

ClamDigger4 01-22-2014 01:29 PM

Needs to say no clipped wheels if you want true 2.5

phone

bigstacks95 01-22-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1pieceatatime. (Post 2244272)
Why does the compressor wheel need to be made accessible?

Why wouldn't it need to be made accessible? how do you tech chargers without accessing them?

ClamDigger4 01-22-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigstacks95 (Post 2244336)
Why wouldn't it need to be made accessible? how do you tech chargers without accessing them?

According to those rules What needs to be tech with comp wheel?
If it said no clipped wheels then yes

phone

shootoutproinc 01-22-2014 03:36 PM

To reduce any further confusion, the last sentance will read as follows;

The driver will be responsible for making the compressor bore accessible for the Tech Officials to measure the bore.

Opinions Vary 01-22-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1pieceatatime. (Post 2244272)
Why does the compressor wheel need to be made accessible? I don't see where the rule puts any sort of limitation on compressor wheels.

I think you are reading into it too much. It needs to be accessible to slide the plug in, that is all.

1pieceatatime. 01-22-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClamDigger4 (Post 2244287)
Needs to say no clipped wheels if you want true 2.5

phone

No clipped wheels is irrelevant without a protrusion rule. Right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opinions Vary (Post 2244367)
I think you are reading into it too much. It needs to be accessible to slide the plug in, that is all.

I'm not reading to much into it. The first draft states "measure the inducer bore and inspect the compressor wheel"

nwpadmax 01-22-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClamDigger4 (Post 2244339)
According to those rules What needs to be tech with comp wheel?

Um, how about MWE groove width....


Not a big fan of "small frame" wording...that's all kinds of things to different people.....and just leads to jamming S400 guts in a S300 turbo....more expensive custom cheater turbos.

ClamDigger4 01-22-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwpadmax (Post 2244402)
Um, how about MWE groove width....


Not a big fan of "small frame" wording...that's all kinds of things to different people.....and just leads to jamming S400 guts in a S300 turbo....more expensive custom cheater turbos.

That would be the cover

phone

ClamDigger4 01-22-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootoutproinc (Post 2244365)
To reduce any further confusion, the last sentance will read as follows;

The driver will be responsible for making the compressor bore accessible for the Tech Officials to measure the bore.

And this clears it up. To me before I read it as pulling compressor cover off, exposing the entire compressor wheel

phone

bigstacks95 01-22-2014 09:25 PM

Clam Digger, Any interest in coming out our way to some pulls this season?? You are from NY, correct?

Burningtire 01-22-2014 10:02 PM

Time to spend money!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2018, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com