Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas Diesel Shootout (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Whats next? (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132789)

VMAX 04-11-2012 01:19 PM

Whats next?

Wanted to check with the local guys to see what the heck you guys are doing after Ennis?

Might end up at that San Antonio points race for the heck of it a time or two. TS would be great but dont think that will happen with out some fuel help personally.

Lostnwalmart 04-11-2012 02:05 PM

in june ill be getting a lot more free time so ill be trying to make most of the events. is tds going on this year

blackdieselram 04-11-2012 02:07 PM

The only thing I have heard of around here is san Antonio. I was thinking about going to ts also but should probably save my money, im finally gonna try to get my motor built this year lol.
Maybe we could just have a get together at rpr if there are enough people wanting to go for some Tnt or something..

VMAX 04-11-2012 02:24 PM

I am down with RPR meet. Maybe we can preplan and get something going.....

Runninlean 04-11-2012 08:05 PM

I was actually kicking around the idea of trying to put on a local race at Sealy but have yet to be able to chase up some loose ends. Was thinking along the lines of what Jeremiah did in Amarillo last year. I am guessing Michael and David are not going to be doing this anymore?

VMAX 04-11-2012 09:33 PM

Not sure if they are or not. But we need some more racing locally. I believe if someone just gets say two maybe three races a year going it would work well if planned and talked up enough.

Lostnwalmart 04-11-2012 09:39 PM

^^ agreed

blackdieselram 04-11-2012 09:52 PM

at the end of the year san antonio raceway is now having the texas truck nationals. last year was the first time. its gas and diesel trucks with a dyno and all that good stuff. im not sure of the exact date of it this year though.

Tan70 04-13-2012 10:32 PM

Do they not do diesel truck nationals anymore? Want to say is was around Aug. Back in 08 when I went.

VMAX 04-15-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdieselram (Post 1756589)
at the end of the year san antonio raceway is now having the texas truck nationals. last year was the first time. its gas and diesel trucks with a dyno and all that good stuff. im not sure of the exact date of it this year though.

That sounds like something to look into. Let me guess it Will end up like san Antonio, NADM and the world finals n a three week period lol. HPT should have another race before the end of the year.

Rollin-Cole 04-15-2012 04:02 PM

San Antonio Raceway is doing a truck shootout every 2nd Friday of the month, bunch of quick LS1 chevys have been running the track. It would be nice to see some diesel competition.

Lostnwalmart 04-15-2012 04:19 PM

Hmmm that could be fun.

TheRamInBlack 04-17-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollin-Cole (Post 1759358)
San Antonio Raceway is doing a truck shootout every 2nd Friday of the month, bunch of quick LS1 chevys have been running the track. It would be nice to see some diesel competition.

A certain black 2nd gen won the first truck shootout in SA. Missed this month cause of ennis. But plan on being at every other one.

blackdieselram 04-17-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMAX (Post 1759353)
That sounds like something to look into. Let me guess it Will end up like san Antonio, NADM and the world finals n a three week period lol. HPT should have another race before the end of the year.

last i heard they are planning the san antonio truck nationals in december but it isnt set in stone yet.

TheRamInBlack 04-18-2012 10:22 PM

Last year was a pretty good turn out. Hopefully it stays the same and becomes an annual like they plan on

Jim Fulmer 04-18-2012 10:29 PM

Hated to not see you run Saturday, lots of good detail on the truck though, I like the water and nozzle setup and the nice cutout for the cage bars in the bed.

Jim

VMAX 04-19-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Fulmer (Post 1762224)
Hated to not see you run Saturday, lots of good detail on the truck though, I like the water and nozzle setup and the nice cutout for the cage bars in the bed.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Did I run into you and not know it?

Yea I made the best of it and had fun but it really sucked knowing I could be running down the track with the heavy hitters.

ROSKOE115 04-19-2012 09:00 PM

I'm headed to Odessa this weekend to have some fun. Other than that we won't be doing anything with my truck. My buddy I work for got into diesel power challenge so that's our focus until its over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCHOOL BUS 05-20-2012 10:18 AM

I missed this thrread. We went to the Mega Mopar Action Nationals yesterday in Ennis.
Dad ran the 11.70 and slower bracket class and I ran super pro which was a 1/8 mile 7.4 and quicker bracket class. I went out first round on a -.011 reaction but we had lots of fun.

i kind of like this 1/8 mile stuff, egt's dont get too high!

I've been looking around for some index racing to gave fun in but all im finding is the monthly grudge races at hmp. Havn't been outh there in a while, not too sure how the crowd is these days. Max, Jake, yall have been to hmp lately havnt you?

And jake, if you put a race on i'll show!

WUnderwood 05-20-2012 10:47 AM

I'm interested, let's get something going fellas