Cordless impact opinions/differences

HightechRedneck

Well I'm thinking about purchasing a cordless impact and I wanted to see your guys opinions and what you use.

I have been looking hard at the Ingersoll Rand 1/2 drive 20 volt setup.

But there is others.

Snapon
Matco
Milwaukee Fuel M18
Makita
Etc.

Specifically 1/2" drive. Friction ring style. Warranty is a must and expandability would be great but seeing the IR doesnt have much beyond the grease gun.

Thanks guys!!

I have a Snap On 14.4V 3/8" and a 18V Lithium 1/2". Best purchases I ever made lol

Sent from my paperweight

My Snap On has worked well for me . Seems to have good power and the battery lasts longer than the Milwaukee I have.

I got a super cheap (Masterforce) one from Menards, best damned tool in my Commonrail killing arsenal. :)
It yanks headbolts and main bolts with ease, as well as flywheel bolts.
Even those confounded damper bolts are no match and I can do 2 engines with 1 battery pack.

It'll probably die within a year (been 6 months, now), but it's already been worth the money.

Mark.

The Matco impact sucks, I traded it off last year after borrowing a buddies Snap-On 14.4v lithium 3/8" Impact. Twice as powerful.

My 18v Dewalt is one of my favorite tools, I'm not sure how I lived without it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Milwaukee. That's all we use on the farm. And the Farm Show is about the cheapest place to buy them.

We've got the Milwaukee M18 here at the coal wash plant. It probably gets used more than anything we have toolwise... It gets rebuilt probably every 6-9 months, but the thing gets abused and is only generally used for 1/2-7/8" bolts...

I have 2 snap-on 1/2". They are very stout and will remove most any bolt. Battery life is very good.

I know a couple people that have the dewalts and like them too.

I have a Snap On 14.4V 3/8" and a 18V Lithium 1/2". Best purchases I ever made lol

Sent from my paperweight

X2. I bought mine used off my best friend before he left for the army anout 3-4 years ago. I forgot that I had it until about 6 months ago. Idk how I forgot about the thing. Its incredible.

I've used various Milwaukee ones and they are great. Survive some nasty falls too.

I just ordered the milwaukee M18 1/2 friction ring. Evilbay for $429 shipped.

Snap-On has a promotion going on right now if your can track down a dealer. Buy a 18v Lithium 3/8" kit with charger and two batteries ($599.00) and get a wobbly deep impact metric socket set free. $327 kit of sockets. The 3/8" 18v is rated at 230 ft/lbs.

Ive had the 1/2 inch snap on impact for almost 3 years now. I use it 5 days a week. Battery life is great and have only come across a couple bolts it wouldnt touch, but they were a little un realistic anyways. The only problem ive had was with one battery failing. But it had been wet from working on a snow covered truck on the side of the road and dropped countless times.

I've seen some shops use the Makita 18V LiIon and I was thinking about getting that one, when I finally bite the bullet and get one...

Milwaukee M18 Fuel, make sure you get the 'big boy' one, as they have a compact 1/2" impact too.

Back