Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   StarLite Diesel (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   Zach is the tuner of the Fastest CR Pro Street truck in the World!!!!!!!! (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154304)

Blacksdieselhp 05-20-2013 12:48 PM

The truck weighs anywhere from 4700 to 5100 depending on how much ballast we run. But usually the more we add, the faster it goes. We were making over 1100 hp 3 years ago on a single, but were stuck in the low 10s. The weight and hp calculator goes out the window at this level. I think everyone in the class will agree.

longhorn859 05-20-2013 01:58 PM

Also have to remember barometric pressure and humidity. Saturday definitely wasn't turbo weather. That was an 8 second pass if the humidity wasn't 400%. I look forward to seeing the progress you all make. Going from 9.50's your first pass to 9.0's in one day is pretty dang impressive.

StarLite Diesel 05-20-2013 04:57 PM

It was a fun day for sure... little bits at a time. Excited for the next race!

DIESEL_POWER 05-20-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksdieselhp (Post 2082009)
The truck weighs anywhere from 4700 to 5100 depending on how much ballast we run. But usually the more we add, the faster it goes. We were making over 1100 hp 3 years ago on a single, but were stuck in the low 10s. The weight and hp calculator goes out the window at this level. I think everyone in the class will agree.

Yep zach is a good dude. You are correct about the calculator flaws...i've been saying for years that after 9.50 or so it's off the map...like a stock turbo makin 60 psi...LOL

Congrats to you and zach!

outlaw99 05-21-2013 12:12 AM

I'm not sure how a weight to hp calculator goes out the window?? If you had 1100 HP in a 3400 lb car your saying it wouldn't run 7's? have you ever Dynod your motor I'd be curious to see what it is making. All drag racing is is weight to hp

estrada5.9 05-21-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outlaw99 (Post 2082570)
All drag racing is is weight to hp

And getting it to the ground efficiently.

texas2408 05-21-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure how a weight to hp calculator goes out the window?? If you had 1100 HP in a 3400 lb car your saying it wouldn't run 7's? have you ever Dynod your motor I'd be curious to see what it is making. All drag racing is is weight to hp

Says the guy who doesnt win much in the sled pull world. How bout you just congratulate Ashley and Zach for their accomplishments and leave drag racing to the people who know.

Ashley and Zack, well done. That truck is flat moving.

Krazeeun 05-21-2013 09:29 AM

Where do we sign up for carnival rides in it, it DOES have a passenger seat right?

wideopen 05-21-2013 09:35 AM

Awesome Runs Ashley! You guys have got it figured out!

WUnderwood 05-21-2013 09:36 AM

that truck is one of my favorites

StarLite Diesel 05-21-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazeeun (Post 2082705)
Where do we sign up for carnival rides in it, it DOES have a passenger seat right?

No seat, but there's a whole bed. we can stack probably 3-4 people in the back of it if we take out the nitrous bottles that haven't really been needed.. Maybe we can put seat belts in and charge admission, though I can think of a few people i wouldn't mind accidently bouncing out at the starting line... Ashley will have to come up with some kind of waiver I guess for the thrill seekers to sign.

The passenger seat is gone for for the laptop stand and V2 holder and a couple other goodies for easy access. However, this truck CAN actually drive down the street nice and clean when they feel like taking it to get groceries or beer..... Little/no smoke or huffing and puffing. just cruises right down the road like the bad ass rig that it is.

Ashley will have to fill in the blanks, but one of the coolest things to me about the truck - is where it's gotten on fuel only. I believe 9.19 (but might have been 9.33) was the quickest fuel only pass at TS for the truck... but Ashley has the slips and can correct where i'm wrong. the 9.09 pass was on literally just a trickle of Nitrous. Be neat to see what's possible with a bunch of nitrous if the factory head gaskets can hold up this time.

Blacksdieselhp 05-21-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Lol, I wish thats how it worked. I was doing the same calculations three years ago when i stsrted this build. I soon figured out how it really works.

Blacksdieselhp 05-21-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazeeun (Post 2082705)

We are actually about to mount the passenger seat. Also the agreement is when it hits the 8s, we are putting interior and ac back on it. Its way too hot in there to carry milk from the store. Lol

Joy rides are welcome. If you ride with me, its fun. If you ride with shawn, your qn idiot with a death wish. Lmao.

Blacksdieselhp 05-21-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarLite Diesel (Post 2082780)
No seat, but there's a whole bed. we can stack probably 3-4 people in the back of it if we take out the nitrous bottles that haven't really been needed.. Maybe we can put seat belts in and charge admission, though I can think of a few people i wouldn't mind accidently bouncing out at the starting line... Ashley will have to come up with some kind of waiver I guess for the thrill seekers to sign.

The passenger seat is gone for for the laptop stand and V2 holder and a couple other goodies for easy access. However, this truck CAN actually drive down the street nice and clean when they feel like taking it to get groceries or beer..... Little/no smoke or huffing and puffing. just cruises right down the road like the bad ass rig that it is.

Ashley will have to fill in the blanks, but one of the coolest things to me about the truck - is where it's gotten on fuel only. I believe 9.19 (but might have been 9.33) was the quickest fuel only pass at TS for the truck... but Ashley has the slips and can correct where i'm wrong. the 9.09 pass was on literally just a trickle of Nitrous. Be neat to see what's possible with a bunch of nitrous if the factory head gaskets can hold up this time.

The 9.33 was on fuel only. The 9.09 was with a small single stage of nx. Cant wait to pour the coals to her

Toolman 05-21-2013 11:32 AM

I knew when I ran Blacks truck the first round and they ran a 9.33 and when I got back to the pits Ashley told me that was on fuel I knew the dinosaurs were in trouble today! I don't know if you would have had enough for Seth but it would have been real close with a healthy motor. It's great to see you guys getting that thing dialed in.

proctors garage 05-21-2013 12:14 PM

Saturday was a long time coming for sure.It's people like zach at starlite diesel ,dave at goerend and the crew at evans motorsport that have kept us from giving up.The hardest part for sure is figuring out how to get the power to the ground. Big power at any weight will not run fast without a chassis that works that was the hardest thing to learn.

proctors garage 05-21-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksdieselhp (Post 2082787)
We are actually about to mount the passenger seat. Also the agreement is when it hits the 8s, we are putting interior and ac back on it. Its way too hot in there to carry milk from the store. Lol

Joy rides are welcome. If you ride with me, its fun. If you ride with shawn, your qn idiot with a death wish. Lmao.

ha ha I Just agreeded to putting the interior back in so you would hush for a while.All I really care about is finishing off the last of the endangered dinosaur population. Lmao That last parts just for fun. Ashley how are we suppost to make any traveling money off the carnival rides if you keep throwing of on my driving.Besides passenger shouldn't get scared till the driver is.:lolly:

StarLite Diesel 05-21-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proctors garage (Post 2082843)
ha ha I Just agreeded to putting the interior back in so you would hush for a while.All I really care about is finishing off the last of the endangered dinosaur population. Lmao That last parts just for fun. Ashley how are we suppost to make any traveling money off the carnival rides if you keep throwing of on my driving.Besides passenger shouldn't get scared till the driver is.:lolly:

Good point :lolly:

Timbeaux 05-21-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksdieselhp (Post 2082789)
The 9.33 was on fuel only. The 9.09 was with a small single stage of nx. Cant wait to pour the coals to her

Johnny Pickles help you pour the coal?

LAmiller 05-21-2013 02:56 PM

Congrats on the accomplishment Ashley, wish I could have made the race.

Lavon