Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   94-98 2nd Gen. 12V (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   DNR Customs TPS delete kit? (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200546)

9 LIVES 07-01-2018 08:07 AM

DNR Customs TPS delete kit?

Ok so I went through several TPS sensors on my 95 3500 and got tired of them acting up and bought a DNR customs tps delete kit.

Now I have issues with the delete kit in which I have no control over when overdrive comes in. It seems with this kit its either overdrive completely absent or it comes on to soon at or around 42MPH.

This truck is almost always pulling a trailer and when it goes into overdrive @ 42mph it will literally bog the motor down bad enough that I have to turn the switch clockwise to take overdrive off.

I've tried adjusting the knob on the unit and its either no overdrive or overdrive hits @ 42mph. Personally I want overdrive to hit around 47-50mph range.

Compounding this issue more is I need my employees to drive the truck and they don't understand what the knob is for so more or less I now leave the truck with OD turned off.

zstroken 07-01-2018 12:00 PM

I would just put it on a pressure switch. Let the pressure switch ground the od input.

9 LIVES 07-02-2018 02:33 PM

I'm not much of a techie on wires otherwise I would have done a pressure switch or just ran wires from the tranny to manually engage OD and converter. I thought this DNR knob deal was supposed to be adjustable and liked that idea.....I guessed wrong perhaps.

jasonc 07-02-2018 04:51 PM

You could for the time being just splice into the OD wire at where it plugs into the trans and add s switch in the cab. Use it to break the connection and would keep od off until you wanted it. And if it was left "off" when a worker was driving it, would just not have OD.

Basically a reverse way of doing a "lock switch". Your just leaving everything the same just interrupting the command from the ecm.

joefarmer 07-03-2018 11:21 AM

Does the delete require you to keep the TV cable? If so, I would guess that it's not adjusted where you need it for the 3-4 shuttle valve to see the right pressure for a later OD shift.

9 LIVES 07-03-2018 11:46 AM

Correct TV cable still hooked up.

tornado112 08-02-2018 01:52 PM

I have the DNR kit on my truck.. try moving it like a 1/16th .. I have to adjust it when i shut the truck off and restart. that ma be your issue idk but once you find the area it doesnt need a lot of movement

9 LIVES 08-02-2018 02:54 PM

You have to adjust every time you stop and start the truck? Or when you did adjust it you did it with the engine off?