Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Diesel (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   got screwed (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118374)

farmboykjb5.9 08-27-2011 07:10 PM

got screwed

Well I thought I would never have to do this but I guess I thought wrong. I got screwed by Mid Atlantic Diesel.

Here we go.......I paid $80 last October to have one of my CP3 pumps tested. I never heard anything from Lloyd until April when I sent him a message that a buddy of mine wanted to dyno his truck. When we went to the shop, I asked Llyod about my pump and he told me the shop that my pump was sent to had a machine break down but he would check on it. Since Lloyd has always been good to me, I didn't think twice about ordering a turbo from him that I wanted. That same day, I paid him $1350 for a turbo and guess what NOTHING 3 months later. I have left numerous messages but still no turbo or pump either.

I have thought about driving to his shop but I am not that close and who knows if he will be there. I hate to file a civil complaint but I guess that will be my next step. I just want my money back at this point.

kleann 08-27-2011 07:19 PM

How did you pay him? card, cash?

SHughes 08-27-2011 07:27 PM

sorry to hear it man.

fire power 08-27-2011 07:33 PM

That is not good I hope you get it worked out somehow!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

mikmaze 08-27-2011 07:37 PM

Kalen, you have been more than patient and tried to handle this off the radar for long enough. I can't imagine being out that much cash, tried just now to call, no answer, hurricane might have something to do with it tonight, but for the last month since you contacted me for help, he has not answered, calls or texts. Sucks, I know how I stood up for him during the Hughes incident, but this time I can not defend the man.

SHughes 08-27-2011 07:47 PM

I stood up for him during the Mech incident too.

farmboykjb5.9 08-27-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleann (Post 1546784)
How did you pay him? card, cash?

I gave him a check

farmboykjb5.9 08-27-2011 08:03 PM

I've always stood up for Lloyd too, I thought he was a super good guy that's got a lot of knowledge about diesels so i figured i would never have any problems with him but i guess i was wrong.

rpainter 08-27-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmboykjb5.9 (Post 1546781)
Well I thought I would never have to do this but I guess I thought wrong. I got screwed by Mid Atlantic Diesel.

Here we go.......I paid $80 last October to have one of my CP3 pumps tested. I never heard anything from Lloyd until April when I sent him a message that a buddy of mine wanted to dyno his truck. When we went to the shop, I asked Llyod about my pump and he told me the shop that my pump was sent to had a machine break down but he would check on it. Since Lloyd has always been good to me, I didn't think twice about ordering a turbo from him that I wanted. That same day, I paid him $1350 for a turbo and guess what NOTHING 3 months later. I have left numerous messages but still no turbo or pump either.

I have thought about driving to his shop but I am not that close and who knows if he will be there. I hate to file a civil complaint but I guess that will be my next step. I just want my money back at this point.

For almost 1400 bucks I would be at his door if no answer set up a tent and wait. :doh: Or maybe swing by his house in hagerstown and do some door knocking

farmboykjb5.9 08-27-2011 08:22 PM

He doesnt live in hagerstown anymore

rpainter 08-27-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmboykjb5.9 (Post 1546819)
He doesnt live in hagerstown anymore

His current address is listed as Hagerstown but he moved his business to MT airy

SHughes 08-27-2011 08:53 PM

he no longer lives at the place in Hagerstown, hasn't for some time...can't recall the real name of his current town, but they call it Flickersville.

mikmaze 08-29-2011 05:19 PM

for as many folks that know him, I am surprised so few have spoken up, any luck Kalen?

homewrecker 08-29-2011 06:02 PM

I really hate reading this. Lloyd was one of the few that did what they said they would my first couple yrs into this hobby. I have met him and never got the impression he could be like this. Hate it for the op. Hope you get this resolved quickly.

farmboykjb5.9 08-30-2011 06:51 PM

No Mike I haven't heard anything yet. Just being around Lloyd as many times as I have been, I didn't think it would come to this. I hate to stir-up problems but tomorrow will be four months and still nothing.

Hammer 08-31-2011 02:12 PM

I seen him at the All Truck Nationals at Carlisle,PA about 4 weeks ago but thats the last I have heard from or seen him since then.His shop is still in operation and still in the same place and you are correct he has moved out of H-Town and lives somewhere else.

Bustedknuckles 08-31-2011 02:34 PM

He does good work and is a nice guy in person but I would drive to his shop with a few buddies and get my turbo or parts of equal or greater value if I were in your shoes.....

mech2161 08-31-2011 02:40 PM

And these are only the few that have this site to speak out.

SHughes 08-31-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mech2161 (Post 1550324)
And these are only the few that have this site to speak out.

sad but true

Scooter's Roofing 08-31-2011 02:43 PM

I'd go punch him in the ****ing mouth