Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dodge Competition and Performance (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tap Shift Anteater w/Display - Beta Testers Needed (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200317)

joefarmer 05-30-2018 12:28 PM

Tap Shift Anteater w/Display - Beta Testers Needed

Howdy.

We were keeping the tap shift Anteater a secret until we had the alpha testing feedback complete but now it's time to assemble a beta tester team. If you're running an Anteater currently and would like to beta the paddle setup, please use the forum email button to send me an email. Include the following details:

1. Vehicle and engine.
2. 47 or 48?
3. Valvebody make (and model, if known).
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.

Spots are very limited and general public release is slated for July/August, depending on beta feedback.

SPEEDSHIFT 05-30-2018 01:53 PM

Email sent.

ctdthrasher 05-30-2018 02:25 PM

Omg I need this lol was about to pull the trigger on an anteater but maybe I’ll wait now. Unless you want to send me both for trial?? Haha

dieselwrench 05-30-2018 03:08 PM

I am unable to send email, pm sent

biggy238 05-31-2018 09:05 AM

I need your fisical a-dress joefarmer. So I can send in my resumme

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

zstroken 05-31-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctdthrasher (Post 2669957)
Omg I need this lol was about to pull the trigger on an anteater but maybe I’ll wait now. Unless you want to send me both for trial?? Haha

Think you fail requirement number 4....

:)

QMFB 05-31-2018 09:34 AM

Well dangit !... Wish this would have happened before I sold my Anteater. Might not have let it go.

YOUNG GUNS15 05-31-2018 10:01 AM

Nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runaway_Diesel 05-31-2018 10:36 AM

My question (and it may be a stupid one) would be could you run the anteater itself, for say bracket racing (say you have it set up to run consistent 7.7x or 6.7x passes) but then with the flip of a switch be able to run tap shift for a full power pass?

biggy238 05-31-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runaway_Diesel (Post 2670048)
My question (and it may be a stupid one) would be could you run the anteater itself, for say bracket racing (say you have it set up to run consistent 7.7x or 6.7x passes) but then with the flip of a switch be able to run tap shift for a full power pass?

Tentatively speaking, it will appear as Auto Tune 1, Auto Tune 2, Manual Mode. So yes.

Runaway_Diesel 05-31-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggy238 (Post 2670049)
Tentatively speaking, it will appear as Auto Tune 1, Auto Tune 2, Manual Mode. So yes.

That would be ideal. Definitely would be something I'm interested in and makes me want to initially do the anteater to begin with.

LAmiller 05-31-2018 11:38 AM

This will have 3 tunes in Auto mode, and a single button press to switch to manual mode that can be wired to any two momentary buttons or paddles for tap shifting or another feature to wire into your OEM 6.7L tap shift buttons, there are some other really nice features in the beta version that i'll let Brandon share when he's ready.

Lavon

Chris Tobin 05-31-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 2669949)
Howdy.

We were keeping the tap shift Anteater a secret until we had the alpha testing feedback complete but now it's time to assemble a beta tester team. If you're running an Anteater currently and would like to beta the paddle setup, please use the forum email button to send me an email. Include the following details:

1. Vehicle and engine.
2. 47 or 48?
3. Valvebody make (and model, if known).
4. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.

Spots are very limited and general public release is slated for July/August, depending on beta feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAmiller (Post 2670056)
This will have 3 tunes in Auto mode, and a single button press to switch to manual mode that can be wired to any two momentary buttons or paddles for tap shifting or another feature to wire into your OEM 6.7L tap shift buttons, there are some other really nice features in the beta version that i'll let Brandon share when he's ready.

Lavon

Sounds like a nice setup... we'll have to do an article on it...

joefarmer 05-31-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runaway_Diesel (Post 2670048)

Better that that. The up/down buttons are live and will put the trans in manual mode if it's in automatic mode.

For instance, you're cruising around town in your '64 in automatic mode, in tune 3 in 3rd gear. You drive beside some oraler and decide he needs a beat down. Press shift down, the trans immediately shifts from 3 to 2 and is now in manual shift mode, second gear. It holds 2nd until you put the taillights to the oraler and either press an up/down shift button in manual mode or press the auto/manual button and the controller shifts back to the gear assigned in your tune file for the TPS/MPH combo. It's actually seamless between modes and can switch between the two at any time.

Another case would be you're in Commifornia and an officer has just pulled out behind you. You hit the auto/manual mode button and the truck stays in the gear commanded and won't accidentally lug, smoke and have your truck impounded.

You get the best of both worlds, FMVB and automatic.

As a side note, if your cruising along some backroads and your child happens to drop an object at the test shifter buttons laying on the seat, the trans will shift from auto 3 to manual 2 and leave you very confused until you see your child giggling from his car seat.

joefarmer 06-01-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT (Post 2669954)
Email sent.

Bodie, I need a valid email address. The performancetruck.com address keeps getting rejected by the mail server.

SPEEDSHIFT 06-01-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 2670187)
Bodie, I need a valid email address. The performancetruck.com address keeps getting rejected by the mail server.

Sorry, that was an old address. I pmed you a good one.

1stgensleeper 06-01-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 2670075)
You get the best of both worlds, FMVB and automatic.

So what does line pressure do in order to accommodate for both? I wish this was out when I was building my transmission...

R1raptor 06-01-2018 09:43 PM

Will it make the down shift with the converter locked? Say from od locked to 3rd locked. Or will that take internal Vb mods

Poulina 06-01-2018 11:46 PM

Lolol

MBusse 06-02-2018 09:11 AM

I sent you an email Brandon.