Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   3 years of abuse and it finally went... (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183014)

06 5.9 05-24-2015 11:57 PM

3 years of abuse and it finally went...

rham45 05-25-2015 12:03 AM

Now what are you gonna do?

06 5.9 05-25-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rham45 (Post 2454111)
Now what are you gonna do?

D&j precision machine just finished my new block... Stock bore 5.9, girdle, carrillos, arp 625's... Simple build but a stronger bottom end

rham45 05-25-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06 5.9 (Post 2454115)
D&j precision machine just finished my new block... Stock bore 5.9, girdle, carrillos, arp 625's... Simple build but a stronger bottom end

Cool. I've talked to drew actually about getting some parts for my motor.

RyanMayo 05-25-2015 12:55 AM

Good job keeping it straight!

Purn1973 05-25-2015 06:52 AM

When you can actually see parts flying out of the engine and hitting the track, bravo! :clap: :lolly:

Can't wait to see her with a new heart Jim.

06 5.9 05-25-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanMayo (Post 2454120)

Thanks! It became a handful really quick... I had no brakes either as a brake line got cut when parts came out flying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purn1973 (Post 2454138)
When you can actually see parts flying out of the engine and hitting the track, bravo! :clap: :lolly:

Can't wait to see her with a new heart Jim.

Haha she went out like a boss... Thanks Shane

jscsir10 05-25-2015 08:36 AM

So what all went out on the motor? Just curious. Video shows alot of metal chunks flying bahahaha. Also looks like yr competitor ate some of the motor pieces also

spoolinawd 05-25-2015 09:08 AM

Bye bye connecting rod. That motor took a hell of a lot of abuse.

newsmoke 05-25-2015 09:13 AM

Beautiful! Was that your first pass with the twins?

06 5.9 05-25-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscsir10 (Post 2454158)
So what all went out on the motor? Just curious. Video shows alot of metal chunks flying bahahaha. Also looks like yr competitor ate some of the motor pieces also

Half of the Piston was laying behind the truck when I finally came to a stop... The truck didn't shut off on its own I had to shut it down once it stopped... Pieces of the rod, rod cap, bearing, and part of the cylinder wall came out too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by spoolinawd (Post 2454166)
Bye bye connecting rod. That motor took a hell of a lot of abuse.

Yes it sure did lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsmoke (Post 2454169)
Beautiful! Was that your first pass with the twins?

Yes it was the first pass on the track but the crap load of abuse on the street with this setup had already taken its toll on it.

f6jbob 05-25-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanMayo (Post 2454120)

Not to diminish your carnage, but pulling to the side of your lane when broke is a common practice.:Cheer:

95cummins5.9 05-25-2015 09:53 AM

No brakes^

TheBac 05-25-2015 09:54 AM

From your dyno thread, I guess I ended up being right.....sorry.
Glad neither you or the guy in the other lane had anything worse happen. Ive been in the other lane when the other truck decided to kill itself. Its not fun. The track clean up must've taken a little while.

Big Swole 05-25-2015 10:01 AM

Well done Jim! lol

Finally!

TLyons90 05-25-2015 10:09 AM

You need to post the video of you restarting the truck with the 2 holes in the block, no oil, and broke rod/piston! :clap:

ecc_33 05-25-2015 11:02 AM

How phuckin dumb. You not only put your life in danger but the guy next to you. I hope you got charged for track cleanup for a stunt like that. You new it was a matter of time. How can you be proud of that. I bet that lane was **** most of the day. Its guys like you that make us look bad at the track. Every drag racer that day most likely has a sore azz now for diesels drag racing because of crap like this.

Big Swole 05-25-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc_33 (Post 2454196)
How phuckin dumb. You not only put your life in danger but the guy next to you. I hope you got charged for track cleanup for a stunt like that. You new it was a matter of time. How can you be proud of that. I bet that lane was **** most of the day. Its guys like you that make us look bad at the track. Every drag racer that day most likely has a sore azz now for diesels drag racing because of crap like this.

Not defending Jim at all on this because it was on borrowed time BIG TIME, ..... BUT, isn't just about every racer out there trying to get the most out of their set up with the money that they have put in it and there's always a weak link somewhere?

Dragracing is 7300 pound truck without a cage is dangerous enough even if it's a stock engine. Dragracing anything is dangerous, but we all take chances with what we have to work with and not everybody has Jim's money to just spend it like it's water and rebuild anytime he wants.

All I'm saying is I see both sides.

06 5.9 05-25-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc_33 (Post 2454196)

Thanks for your support... The other driver stayed in it the whole even seeing me skating on the track... Came up to me at the end where it finally stopped and made sure I was alright and said good run... Track officials weren't complaining at all and it was a 45 min downtime... It's not like I intended for it to blow... Again thanks for your support

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Swole (Post 2454200)
Not defending Jim at all on this because it was on borrowed time BIG TIME, ..... BUT, isn't just about every racer out there trying to get the most out of their set up with the money that they have put in it and there's always a weak link somewhere?

Dragracing is 7300 pound truck without a cage is dangerous enough even if it's a stock engine. Dragracing anything is dangerous, but we all take chances with what we have to work with and not everybody has Jim's money to just spend it like it's water and rebuild anytime he wants.

All I'm saying is I see both sides.

Coming from you Dave that actually means something... Thank you.

Big Swole 05-25-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06 5.9 (Post 2454206)

Coming from you Dave that actually means something... Thank you.

Well it's true. Everyone is chasing a dream AND the weakest link in their setup. Getting singled out isn't cool. I've been there. It very well could have been the guy next to you that Swoled it just as easily. I'm sure he was trying just as hard as all of us with what he can afford.