Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   03-07 3rd Gen. (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Looking for some input on injectors (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205092)

crewchief_chick 10-16-2020 05:52 PM

Looking for some input on injectors

Wondering what everyone’s opinions are on Industrial Injection’s stock injectors compared to diesel logic, BBI, OEM, etc...

I’m doing some preliminary research “just in case”. My truck is currently down with a crank and no start issue, and after a week of chasing codes and troubleshooting without a scan tool, I finally threw up the white flag and hauled it to the shop. :banghead:

Truck has always ran great, no blowby, but had a long crank. Finally it would crank and not start. Did the key trick to get the codes, (P0480/0483/0521). Replaced the clutch fan, crank position sensor, and the oil pressure sensor just to cover all my bases. Truck ran great for 2 days. Let it sit for a day and a half. Back to crank and no start with the same codes.

Pulled the banjo bolt off the supply line to the CP3 and bumped the starter to see if I was getting plenty of fuel. Yep. Went to pull the return line off the PRV but got it confused with the return line off the PRV where it intersects at the fuel filter.

I even disconnected the FCA to produce a max fuel pressure issue to attempt to start it and nothing. After that I was lost and didn’t know which way to go with no scan tool or specialized tools so had it towed to the shop.

takedown95 10-16-2020 07:44 PM

I know a lot of people don't like II for various reasons but I've had several sets of injectors of theirs from stock to "350 hp" to all out competition Cobra injectors and all worked just fine with zero issues. My 350 hp ones on my 2008 ram make about 800hp at the wheels with a S366 turbo. Over 100k miles on them and have done everything from pulling to drag racing to towing 26k with them.

Having said that I have also had exergy and S&S with no issues either. If you're staying stock I think there are a lot of good options out there.

crewchief_chick 10-16-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takedown95 (Post 2735234)
I know a lot of people don't like II for various reasons but I've had several sets of injectors of theirs from stock to "350 hp" to all out competition Cobra injectors and all worked just fine with zero issues. My 350 hp ones on my 2008 ram make about 800hp at the wheels with a S366 turbo. Over 100k miles on them and have done everything from pulling to drag racing to towing 26k with them.

Having said that I have also had exergy and S&S with no issues either. If you're staying stock I think there are a lot of good options out there.

That’s awesome to know. Currently I’m not really looking to “add” any HP (not within my budget to build everything else with it). Looking more at build quality and warranty to increase the longevity of the truck

takedown95 10-16-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief_chick (Post 2735235)
That’s awesome to know. Currently I’m not really looking to “add” any HP (not within my budget to build everything else with it). Looking more at build quality and warranty to increase the longevity of the truck

A good set of re-manufactured stock ones will do you just fine than.

crewchief_chick 10-17-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takedown95 (Post 2735241)
A good set of re-manufactured stock ones will do you just fine than.

Ok. Mostly it’s just research right now. Don’t know what the truck needs yet

JWhite 10-17-2020 06:50 PM

Check out Lincoln Diesel