Dirt Drag Schedule/Info??

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I'm unsure how work will be this race season so I may have to make plans much further in advance if a race is a good distance from the house.

If folks could post up some dates and info on the up coming events that will have dirt drags, it would help out a bunch.

Also, we went as far west as Indiana last year and I really don't see us travelling any further than 7 - 8hrs from the house here in WV.

Thanks

Firepunk drags are always on Labor day and are being held at the Union county fairgrounds again this year.

One of the other local shops here has 4-5 events every Summer and has now decided to split them up into 2 days.

Flyer:

10991473_1055119167837010_5278804087728733977_o_zpszfqdotxj.jpg

Also I'm hearing that the Diesel Blackout Invasion will be going on again this year. If they run things the same for 2015 it is a 4 race series, 2 of those will be held on local 1/4 mile tracks, and 2 will be dirt drags. They haven't released dates for these yet but I'll post them when they do.

Video from last years finale:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk00sql8CVw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk00sql8CVw[/ame]

I'll also add that I won the modified diesel class and placed 2nd in the open....:blahblah1: :lolly:

Hope to see you there! :Cheer:

Hey thanks Purn,

We'll try to be there in May. It looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I can bum a couple PBR's off of ya. ...or maybe trade ya a couple coors lights??? lol

Also, did I here correctly??? The white full size dodge ran a 4.9??

The best we've done in 300' is 4.40 without nitrous.

Correct, 4.91 was my best pass ever on dirt. That Bronco with the big block in it ran a 4.68 I think, and if you're running 4.4x's on all engine I'll sit the next one out! :lolly:

Last edited:
Correct, 4.91 was my best pass ever on dirt. That Bronco with the big block in it ran a 4.68 I think, and if you're running 4.4x's on all engine I'll sit the next one out! :lolly:

lol, and I continue to get flack about my OCD when it comes to weight!!! I'd almost bet we aren't making half the power you are. lol

And don't give me that 'sit the next one out' crap. We will either break or red light the money away anyhow. lol

I was just going to start a thread to get all the dirt drag dates.

May 1 Fisher's Shop Inc. TRUCKS UNLEASHED 2015 #1, Springfield, OH
May 9 Motorsports Mayhem, Richland Center, WI
July 22 Jackson County Fair Dirt Drags, Oak Hill, OH
Aug 29 MVP Diesel dyno day & Live A Little Productions Dirt Drags, Burley ID

Firepumk
Beans?
Lee Hill?
Usually Richland Center has another during their Hybrid Redneck Rally on Oct 10 also.

Last edited:
Hey thanks shortbus. You going to any of them??? ...wish you would have went ahead with the smaller project.

I will be at Richland Center, unsure of the truck unleashed as of right now. The rest of the year all depends on if the truck is together or not.

Aug 22 Fisher's Shop Inc. TRUCKS UNLEASHED 2015 #2, Springfield, OH

Firepumk
Beans?
Lee Hill?
Usually Richland Center has another during their Hybrid Redneck Rally on Oct 10 also.

Firepunk is hosting a Diesel Only Dirt Drag August 1st at Union County fairgrounds during the fair and Labor Day Sept 7th is our big event. Last years Dirt drag coverage is in May 2015 issue of Diesel World.

Lavon

Just wanted to point out that the drags portion of Trucks Unleashed is on Saturday, May 2nd instead of May 1.

Also, if anyone has any pull over at Dirt Country I'd like to see a couple more events there this year if at all possible. Lavon or Purn, have you guys heard anything about that?

Can't wait! I'll be at Firepunk and a few others within 8 hours this year. Hope you have some fill and a big grader cause I'm going to roto-till that track up sucka's :rockwoot:

Just wanted to point out that the drags portion of Trucks Unleashed is on Saturday, May 2nd instead of May 1.

Also, if anyone has any pull over at Dirt Country I'd like to see a couple more events there this year if at all possible. Lavon or Purn, have you guys heard anything about that?

Negative. I know the owner pretty well and last I spoke with him about more dirt drags he said that he was losing his ass on them. A few years back they had 4-5 a year, it was cut down to 3, and then the 1 last year. I'll see if I can get in touch with him this week, if there are any changes it'll be posted on their website.

http://www.dirtcountrymx.com/home

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirt-Country-Raceway/643624235741732

Note: A post from February 20th on their FB page says that they are looking to schedule truck drags. :rockwoot:

I was just going to start a thread to get all the dirt drag dates.

Firepumk
Beans?
Lee Hill?

Your best bet for Lee Hill is their fb page. The guy is pretty good about updating it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LEE-HILL-DIRT-WARS/558429614247926

May 2 Fisher's Shop Inc. TRUCKS UNLEASHED 2015 #1, Springfield, OH
Aug 3 Firepunk Diesel Only Dirt Drag, Union County fairgrounds, OH
Aug 22 Fisher's Shop Inc. TRUCKS UNLEASHED 2015 #2, Springfield, OH
Sept 7 Firepunk Dirt Drags, Plain City, OH?
Oct 3 Fisher's Shop Inc. TRUCKS UNLEASHED #3, Springfield, OH

Beans?
Lee Hill?

Can't wait! I'll be at Firepunk and a few others within 8 hours this year. Hope you have some fill and a big grader cause I'm going to roto-till that track up sucka's :rockwoot:

We're ready, can't wait to see what you can bring to the table, I'm sure it will be pure entertainment!

Lavon

I just hope the weather is better at the fire punk dirt drags this year. And that I don't have to melt down my truck in first round of practice to someone that doesn't know how the staging lights work :(

I just hope the weather is better at the fire punk dirt drags this year. And that I don't have to melt down my truck in first round of practice to someone that doesn't know how the staging lights work :(

I bet ya mine was worse at Lee Hill last year....

They didn't even have a pre stage light.

I pushed a injector and cup out of the head and puked a half gallon of the green stuff on the line. Only to back out of the lights and do it again because I was so phuckin mad at the douche lined up with me all I wanted to do was drag his azz to the line. At least I could drive it home.....

Back