Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   7.3 Powerstroke (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2000 F350 - Too Much Torque!!! (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108167)

bmx0964 03-15-2011 08:37 AM

2000 F350 - Too Much Torque!!!

Truck is the one in my sig.

I just put the injectors in about a week ago. The truck now makes so much torque the motor is twisting and the serpentine belt is now hitting the upper radiator hose under a hard launch. I have had the hose blow off once and I have been through 3 belts since the injector install. When the belt his the hose it pushes it back and the pulleys and shaves the back 2 ribs off the belt. Motor mounts are STOCK but only have about 25k miles on them.

Has anyone ran into this problem before. Do I need some better/heavier motor mounts? Do I need to chain it? I know there are a lot of guys running the same combo as me (38r and stage 3s) so if any of you guys could chime in that would be awesome.

Thanks!

DDually 03-15-2011 10:52 AM

:bow:

LOL

Put a Cummins in it so you don't make so much gosh darn power!

estrada5.9 03-15-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDually (Post 1401878)
:bow:

LOL

Put a Cummins in it so you don't make so much gosh darn power!

I thought it was a early April Fools joke.

Shawdrainage 03-15-2011 11:54 AM

LOL

farm boy 03-15-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmx0964 (Post 1401710)
Truck is the one in my sig.

I just put the injectors in about a week ago. The truck now makes so much torque the motor is twisting and the serpentine belt is now hitting the upper radiator hose under a hard launch. I have had the hose blow off once and I have been through 3 belts since the injector install. When the belt his the hose it pushes it back and the pulleys and shaves the back 2 ribs off the belt. Motor mounts are STOCK but only have about 25k miles on them.

Has anyone ran into this problem before. Do I need some better/heavier motor mounts? Do I need to chain it? I know there are a lot of guys running the same combo as me (38r and stage 3s) so if any of you guys could chime in that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Never had that problem. Ive launched hard at the track a couple times and haven't experienced any of that.

I think there is a company that makes a re route for the top radiator hose that goes over the belt instead of through it. That might give you enough clearance. And it allows you to change your belt without having to remove the top radiator hose.

All of that being said, I think you better start looking into the root problem. Something ain't right. :ford:

Just too much stinkin' Ferd powah... :ft: :stab:

bmx0964 03-15-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farm boy (Post 1402018)
Never had that problem. Ive launched hard at the track a couple times and haven't experienced any of that.

I think there is a company that makes a re route for the top radiator hose that goes over the belt instead of through it. That might give you enough clearance. And it allows you to change your belt without having to remove the top radiator hose.

All of that being said, I think you better start looking into the root problem. Something ain't right. :ford:

Just too much stinkin' Ferd powah... :ft: :stab:

Alright my guess is the motor mounts were junk out of the box then (i think they came from autozone or something like that). Ill through some new stockers in and see what that does. Do you happen to know any more information on where to get that upper rad hose. I would love to have that; I'm so sick of taking it off and spilling coolant every time I have to change the belt.

mech2161 03-15-2011 02:14 PM

Napa # nbh 9066

JJeepyjohn 03-15-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmx0964 (Post 1402035)
Alright my guess is the motor mounts were junk out of the box then (i think they came from autozone or something like that). Ill through some new stockers in and see what that does. Do you happen to know any more information on where to get that upper rad hose. I would love to have that; I'm so sick of taking it off and spilling coolant every time I have to change the belt.

Just go anywhere (not autozone)and tell them you need a upper hose for a truck with the ambulance package/dual alts.
The NAPA belt will be a Gates so you can get the same belt at Oreillys or advance also..

03f3507.3 03-15-2011 10:28 PM

:drive:screw the mounts weld the motor in there solid to harness all that mad power stroke TORQUE!!

bmx0964 03-18-2011 07:55 AM

Alrighty got a new belt, new hose, and new motor mounts (from the dealer).

Hopefully this will take care of the problem

StainlessRRA 03-18-2011 08:38 AM

What kind of torque will a 7.3 with that set up make to the wheels? I never pay enough attention to pstroke power numbers(at least 7.3s and 6.0s)

bmx0964 03-18-2011 09:04 AM

Havent ever had it on the dyno but Ive heard from other people its 1100-1200

LReiff 03-18-2011 09:17 AM

Advance auto motor mounts LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe: If you haven't had the truck on a dyno or if you don't have a time slip there's no point in making up power numbers.

bmx0964 03-18-2011 09:33 AM

I didnt get advance auto motor mounts. And the numbers I posted were from people I have talked to who have the same combo and have dynoed there truck. I was trying to answer the question to the best of my knowledge. I didnt make up any numbers that is why I have stated that the numbers were from other people I have talked to. I never gave a number for my truck because I havent ran it or dynoed it yet.

OrangeNV 03-18-2011 09:37 AM

How come all the power stories about jokers end up being just that...

RedBowTies88 03-18-2011 09:43 AM

wow this was a good laugh :D

StainlessRRA 03-18-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeNV (Post 1404642)
How come all the power stories about jokers end up being just that...

He didn't really claim any numbers though. Just answered my question. That's all I was looking for, a general idea.

Gotti2k7 03-18-2011 08:03 PM

Pretty close to my setup. Im just running a little faster nozzle. Torque numbers should be around 900 to 1000lbs. Mine made just over 5o0hp. I have no problems with the motor moving. Still on my stock motor mounts. Ive never seen any that needed changing.

Big Block 88 03-18-2011 08:14 PM

My 91 7.3 idi with a twin parralell setup ounce put a hole right through my hood, the tq was so massive. It was a stick shift also and my girl was riding shot gun when I got on it in 4th gear the shifter broke her hymen

LReiff 03-18-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Block 88 (Post 1405023)
My 91 7.3 idi with a twin parralell setup ounce put a hole right through my hood, the tq was so massive. It was a stick shift also and my girl was riding shot gun when I got on it in 4th gear the shifter broke her hymen

800hp right? I think I heard about that truck!:lolly: