13mm pump, low power

Being he didn't ever come back to this, he had the 160 D pump cam reground, or cut the back side of the lobe off. Talked to him the other day and he said the truck rips.

Had the cam reground for more fill time, went to .093 orificed DV holders and .093 lines (had been running stock on both previously. I have only been on one test ride but the truck seems stronger than ever at 550cc. Was planning to update after I got another track time.

Just an update, raced the truck and it ran 11.5@118 blew a freeze plug and when I got home realized it had a bent pushrod on #1 intake, compression tested cylinder and it was fine. Put in a new set of pushrods and swapped my primary turbo from a 75/96 1.32 T6 to an s488sxe 88/96 1.32 T6. Will post result soon.

Ran truck again, totally ruptured an intercooler boot before the 1000' mark. Ended up 11.07@108. Same pass was 7.06@103 @ 1/8 mile mark. Still at 600cc's fuel, getting that pretty well cleaned up, gray haze with 1500+ egt and 100+ total boost (gauge pegged) and 52psi from primary turbo. Also notable that running stock DV holders/lines almost wiped out my cam. There was heat marks and metal transfer from the center bronze bearing to the cam as well as metal transfer from cam lobes to tappets. Got everything freshened up now. Luckily caught it when I did the cam swap. Looks like I'm on the right track.

Have you made a WOT pass yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made two passes with the 88 primary. First pass blew intercooler boot before 1000' mark 11.0@108. Second pass launched too hard and spun 11.0@127. Lost an oil squirter under #1 piston and it swelled up and scuffed #1 cylinder. Got engine rebuilt with girdle/15.1:1 mahle cast performance pistons .020" over, 188/220 cam and a few other mods to help it live. While engine was out decided to convert to 5 lug front and r+p steering. In the process of that now. I'll post when I run it again.

Back