Nitrous express, when boost isn't enough...

NitrousExpress

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Whats going on guys? This is Graham at NX.

Just wanted to make a thread letting everyone know we are going to be back on the board and helping out with all the nitrous tech. We have several systems and products aimed at the diesel market as well as a few diesel vehicles in our own stable.

I don't want to clutter up this thread with sales or product promotions. I'd rather leave this open for general questions and comments. If you guys would like to see things happen, feel free to post them. Product specials, more tech write-up's, general nitrous theory to get some of the "black magic" aspect out of running nitrous, anything.

Post freely, good or bad. Ill answer regardless.

I suppose you can't respond to PM's yet.... I think folks wouldn't mind hearing the answer to my question here. If you choose not to answer, I totally understand.

Jason please keep it about NX products and their advantage or disadvantage on diesel powered vehicles.

Maybe you can send him a email about any "questions" you might want to ask. Would like to keep everything civil and calm.

Jason please keep it about NX products and their advantage or disadvantage on diesel powered vehicles.

Maybe you can send him a email about any "questions" you might want to ask. Would like to keep everything civil and calm.

This is true.. I sent a pm first. Hey, NX guy, if you want to respond, use the email feature instead of replying with the PM to respond with if you want.

Anywho. Welcome! I'm sure you'll be a better fit for the job anyways.

I may be spitballing here Sands. I believe Czerak, probably inquired about the relationship of NX and J.P.(aluminum cloud jockey) LOL ....... ummm mean GH.

T$$$$ (aka: One shot, one kill) you're becoming a statesman now! I'm serious.

I want nitrous on my truck. Eventually

1. Will it make my egts go down or up?
2. At what rpm or boost level do I spray it?
3. How much do I spray? (Jet size for a certain hp)
4. Where in the intake system is good to put the nozzle?
5. Do I have to purge everytime before I use it?
6. How does outside air temp affect nitrous in the bottle?

On my truck...

1. down
2. above 1200rpms, and boost,
3. I have a single nozzle drilled out to .062" no clue on h.p.
4. intake horn
5. i dont have a purge kit
6. the hotter the bottle the higher the pressure inside

1.Up, if you're still overfueled, down if you're starting to clean it up.
2.I'd say 20psi and 2,000rpm at the track to be completley safe...that being said I've also seen it hit just off idle with no boost, but wouldn't recommend it.
3.Most kits have -3 lines to the nozzle which are limited to .078, so that's about what I would start out with.
4.I don't think it matters that much, but a lot of people like to do it right before the intercooler.
5.Nah, I've dynoed without purging and the power curve looks basically the same. Most purges are used in drag racing to get the bottle pressure right.
6.Get a bottle heater! If it's 60 deg out and your bottle is less than full, your pressure will only be at like 600psi. Bump it up to 1,000 and you'll gain probably like 50-100hp.

Thanks for the info guys. i would really like to try nitrous. I have never used it before so im a little nervous to even mess with it.

How about checking into a controller I sent in for repair a loooong time ago.
No calls nothing.
Anything??

This is true.. I sent a pm first. Hey, NX guy, if you want to respond, use the email feature instead of replying with the PM to respond with if you want.

Anywho. Welcome! I'm sure you'll be a better fit for the job anyways.

Answered via PM. Thanks.
There is a section just for this allready started. look for chassis, engine tech, turbo tech and injectables
I apologize. Not familiar with this board and Ill admit I did not look for a Introduction section.

The first four depend on the truck, how you use it, and also what goals your trying to reach. Lots of variables. Why don't you shoot me a pm with a little more information about the truck.

No. The purge serves two purposes. The first is too clear the feed line of any air that might be in it. This makes sure the first time you open the bottle and make a pass you get a good "hit" out of it. The other is to purge until you have lowered the bottle pressure to the correct amount.

The outside air will effect the pressure of the nitrous in the bottle. This is why we have heaters blankets push systems, etc.

Welcome Graham. I'm sure you will be able to add a lot to the forum.

Paul

Thank you Paul. I think this is a good site that could use a little unbiased tech. I do my best to offer it.

Thanks for the info guys. i would really like to try nitrous. I have never used it before so im a little nervous to even mess with it.

Nitrous only needs two things to be safe. Quality parts. Which isn't just NX, their are other good company's with good products in this niche of the performance market. Then having sound information and tuning support. This is part of the reason im here as well as other experienced nitrous users. I would usually refer a few but Im new to the board but im sure we have some knowledgeable nitrous users.

Thanks everyone for posting. Again I hope having me here will help.

Nitrous only needs two things to be safe. Quality parts. Which isn't just NX, their are other good company's with good products in this niche of the performance market. Then having sound information and tuning support. This is part of the reason im here as well as other experienced nitrous users. I would usually refer a few but Im new to the board but im sure we have some knowledgeable nitrous users.

Thanks everyone for posting. Again I hope having me here will help.

:clap: Great post.

:welcome: to CompD

I have sprayed my Mustang and my Ranger but I haven't gotten into spraying my diesel trucks yet. I have run Zex as well as NX products and like the adjustability of the NX kits over the ZEX kit. I will probably be getting a kit from you guys just to have as a backup for when the going gets tough.

I have sprayed my Mustang and my Ranger but I haven't gotten into spraying my diesel trucks yet. I have run Zex as well as NX products and like the adjustability of the NX kits over the ZEX kit. I will probably be getting a kit from you guys just to have as a backup for when the going gets tough.

Good to hear. Diesels are the new nitrous frontier.

When it comes to nitrous powered diesels, you can have all three. Cheap, Fast, Reliable.

Back