View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #24
Ram12vcummins

Name: Ram12vcummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Wrench View Post
I almost guarantee his low boost hi egt is the cal. Almost every 870 that I see using the stock turbo does this woth the egr delete. When the tune is done it locks it in non egr mode. If you have a stock one and unplug the egr valve. It will do the same things. Often the tuner will put more fuel to it to try and overcome the lose pf power from the low boost, but it just runs hot then. Theres only a few people ive seen that can actually do the 870 right.could you havr the stock calibration put back in to try and see if it runs better?
I read this was a big issue. Was assured by the guy who removed diesel spec tune that his was a proper one and a few people vouched....not that it means they are right. The mechanic took the egr plug apart and ground out the contacts for some stupid reason instaead of just taping up the ends. I guess to look stock. The tuner assured he can tune it either way. I can try and see if we can go about trying out the factory tune. But how would that act with the egr deleted? I would also have to rejoin the wires which isn’t that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MAN View Post
This is why i asked about the boost, I had a cm870 after a head install that had crazy egts, narrow powerband and low boost. pressure tested cooler, tested boots vice grips on turbo actuator, timing on cams...ect drove me nuts. turns out the guys who put the head on used the ecm shoulder bolts in the ecm cooling plate and it was tight but wouldnt hold more them 25# of boost. The bolts topped out before sealing the plate to the head. Honest mistake but they walked away from it.... worth a look
I don’t understand how an ecm being bolted to a head causes this issue? Does the ecm seal off the intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
High EGT at low load is actually good for fuel economy if it is because of VGT setting not pumping excess air to the engine. It might also be retarded timing to compensate lack of EGR which is not good.

As I understand the guys who tune these improperly advance the timing to hide lose of power?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro