Thread: Cam Centerline
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 06:30 AM   #1
TruckYou

Name: TruckYou
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Cam Centerline

Hey guys, I'm building a 12v on my engine stand, currently trying to degree my cam shaft, which I had never done prior to this. Have watched Hamilton's video a dozen times, and read many write ups. Using Hamilton's 207/220, which uses a 99-101 centerline. Mind you, at this point I have degreed this cam prob 20x now, and all numbers are consistent Everytime, and checking TDC after each try. With OEM cam gear and key, on the OEM timing marks, centerline came out to 95.5* (consistent). I bumped the gear one tooth, and came out to 90.5*( went the wrong direction). Went back to stock timing marks, +1 tooth, and now my centerline (expecting it to be at 100.5* considering each tooth of the cam gear should equal about 5 degrees) is coming out to 110.5*, consistently, several times now.

At this point, I'm thinking a 5* offset key, in the factory timing marks position should put me right where I need to be, but before doing so would like to make sure there isn't another issue at hand causing timing to jump 15* on one tooth instead of 5*.

Any input is appreciatedScreenshot_20180531-072000.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk