Cummins Carillo rods

The chamfer should be there to clear the radius on the crank journal (It's more exaggerated than what it needs). As long as you take material away from the thrust surface of the rod cap you should be fine.

Last edited:
D&J's X beam rod is drilled through the center from the rod bearing to the wrist pin to "pressure lube" the wrist pin. This is a lot different then just drilling a hole in the cap.

Lavon
Any feedback on Oil pressure after this design is used? I assume it's a minor change.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I saw some documentation from Carrillo recently claiming the hole drilled down the rod doesn’t really do much of anything. Not sure if that is fact or not.

Cool link Highwayman. Guess I never thought of the oil "feed" passage as more of an oil "resivoir", with the wrist pin getting its oil supplied via centrifugal force as the mass of the con-rod moves downward. So then, when the crankshaft to con-rod pressurized lube hole does line up said resivoir is refilled or kept full. Guess I previously always imagined some level of oil pressure was maintained/or supplied through the four strokes, not just one. It makes sense though when taking into consideration the four strokes and the speed at which these events take place.

See, now this is what I love about CompD..woke up for no good reason at 3:30 in the AM and still learned some new engine tech right off the bat..:bang:hehe:

The chamfer should be there to clear the radius on the crank journal (It's more exaggerated than what it needs). As long as you take material away from the thrust surface of the rod cap you should be fine.

O I think I understand now. It’s to allow oil to drain from between the face of the rod and where it only has a few thousandths of an inch clearance to the crank “lobe”. Makes sense now. I thought it was to provide clearance on the journal itself

Back