68RFE vs. AS69RC (AISIN)

It will do the Job, But until you delete the 06 will out perform the 2009. 68RFE behavior will baffle any MT driver. Moving form 06 to 09 why the change? Good deal on the 09?

Isn’t this 2018? Sounds like 2009 up in here “dodge autos suck” “dodge can’t make a good trans for the cummins”

Aren’t we over that stage? If it isn’t modified, then it doesn’t belong behind a cummins. I thought everyone knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will do the Job, But until you delete the 06 will out perform the 2009. 68RFE behavior will baffle any MT driver. Moving form 06 to 09 why the change? Good deal on the 09?

I sold the 06 a while back and found this 09 with 7,400 original miles so im gonna snatch it up if i think itll do ok with the auto. Its got a 6” lift and 37’s but all that coming off and going back to stock.

The 68RFE will perform at stock to about 60-80 Additional HP after that its behavior is questionable... If you're just going to pull trailer up to the events I see No reason it will not get the Job done. 7,400 Miles?

The 68RFE will perform at stock to about 60-80 Additional HP after that its behavior is questionable... If you're just going to pull trailer up to the events I see No reason it will not get the Job done. 7,400 Miles?

It needs to be tuned....

Personally ran a stock one at 600hp rwhp with a tuned 68 back in 2010 so......

68rfe transmissions are awesome all around transmissions and catch a lot of chit from ppl not really understanding how to drive one, 2hich does take understanding due to the adaptive TCM.

Yes the guy never drove it, its got a 5” lift and 37’s currently but all that will probably be taken off for towing purposes.

I like my 08 with trans tuning and low stall convertor, it has basically a 50HP delete tune. Granted I don't to much with it, but the low stall and the tune is awesome, each shift it drops about 3-400 rpm and the same with lockup.

For a towing application, you couldn't give me a truck with a 68. The tow/haul shift & unlock strategy is a joke. Tune or no tune, I have never driven one that I could live with. And in my line of work, I've driven dozens of combinations as far as trans tunes, engine/turbo setups, etc. Aisin all the way fer me. My personal truck is a 12 4500 with 242k on the original trans.

Last edited:
Wonder how its gonna like a 44ft enclosed trailer behind it? The more i read im tempted just find a hand shaker again.

Last edited:
Wonder how its gonna like a 44ft enclosed trailer behind it? The more i read im tempted just find a hand shaker again.
I assume for a pulling truck? Be better off just getting a semi trailer and then a tractor that actually meets the RV requirements. You can probably get a tractor and trailer for $25K-$30K if you shop around.

As far as Aisins (AS69RC) taking a beating and holding together well this guys is probably the best example I've seen online so far:

Randy Reyes (owner) of Randy's Transmission:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeWUND-HsuN/?hl=en&taken-by=randys_transmissions

~70K miles at ~650hp/1,300lb-ft and looked pretty good inside (he said). You guys can (and should) look through his Instagram for videos of him using (beating on) this truck- he did not treat it softly at all:evil. He notes that sometimes shifts do get funky with the added power, but manually shifting it somewhat alleviates that.

Seems like a pretty good testimony for the durability of the Aisin transmission...or maybe it's just luck and he's got rabbits' feet and four leafed clovers coming out the yin yang... Hopefully not the latter.

Note: I don't know if he (Randy) is a member of CompD and in no way do I speak for him or his business in any capacity, I hope it's cool posting about some else's vehicle. I thought it could be interesting and/or useful to you guys:Cheer:.

From a used part/core standpoint, I sell more 68RFEs as cores, than I can Aisins.
I finally sold my last Aisin for $300 to a guy who will part it out, yet I can't keep a 68RFE core on the place for $1000+.

Law of averages says that whatever breaks the most sells the fastest and a 68RFE is a good mover for me. :cool:
So are NV271/273 t-cases and front driveshafts. :)

Mark.

As far as Aisins (AS69RC) taking a beating and holding together well this guys is probably the best example I've seen online so far:

Randy Reyes (owner) of Randy's Transmission:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeWUND-HsuN/?hl=en&taken-by=randys_transmissions

~70K miles at ~650hp/1,300lb-ft and looked pretty good inside (he said). You guys can (and should) look through his Instagram for videos of him using (beating on) this truck- he did not treat it softly at all:evil. He notes that sometimes shifts do get funky with the added power, but manually shifting it somewhat alleviates that.

Seems like a pretty good testimony for the durability of the Aisin transmission...or maybe it's just luck and he's got rabbits' feet and four leafed clovers coming out the yin yang... Hopefully not the latter.

Note: I don't know if he (Randy) is a member of CompD and in no way do I speak for him or his business in any capacity, I hope it's cool posting about some else's vehicle. I thought it could be interesting and/or useful to you guys:Cheer:.

RevMax bashes the Aisin and says it's a POS. I wonder if they just say that because they are trying to sell more 68RFE parts. No tuning for the Aisin as of now is the biggest drawback.

RevMax bashes the Aisin and says it's a POS. I wonder if they just say that because they are trying to sell more 68RFE parts. No tuning for the Aisin as of now is the biggest drawback.

Revmax can suck a c0ck as far as I'm concerned. Only thing they make that is worth 2 licks is the billet 68rfe sump filter adapter.

Ever since they came to the scene of 68rfe and saw how they could essentially turn their entire business into a dedicated builder for that unit and make stupid margin they habe done nothing except bash competition..... even though still to this day Suncoast 68s have proved more reliable.

Give Reyes a call, tell him your goals, and go from their.

Even though he bleeds II, he still knows how to slap together a transmission pretty damn good! Plus he uses Suncoast parts, which is enough said in my book...

Back