Budget front end build

Looked like a good run to me from the stands. The hop your talking about looked to me like frame flex when the sled really loaded the truck up. You may have to add some reinforcements from the frame to your traction bars to eliminate the flex.

Looked like a good hook. I wouldnt worry to much about the hopping till get it on a longer track and see if does it again.

Looked like a good hook. I wouldnt worry to much about the hopping till get it on a longer track and see if does it again.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. The thing felt better than it ever has as far as going straight

Looked like a good run to me from the stands. The hop your talking about looked to me like frame flex when the sled really loaded the truck up. You may have to add some reinforcements from the frame to your traction bars to eliminate the flex.

You may be right, but last season I had the same frame and rear hitch/trussing setup and it never hopped even once. If anything I think we might play with the coil spring rates after talking to Randy from proformance pros who was there to support the rolling piece of art known as the Livin on the Edge truck

I started to have hopping issues with mine as I slowly got it to hook harder last year dave. if you haven't already box your frame where the trussing meets the frame, we think the frame was collapsing a little on mine giving it all a place to move. Going to find out how it works in a couple months.

I started to have hopping issues with mine as I slowly got it to hook harder last year dave. if you haven't already box your frame where the trussing meets the frame, we think the frame was collapsing a little on mine giving it all a place to move. Going to find out how it works in a couple months.

Thats a good thought too, mine is boxed where it meets but not behind that. Not a bad idea to close it up

It looked like a nice hook. It is always nice to get the first pass of the year under your belt. A little professional advice on your setup while you do is a plus!

Back