Heavy duty tire plug kit?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Ultra-Tow Tire Repair Kit

I've gone through 2 of the ultra tow kits breaking the plug pusher and rasp on both kits. They look replaceable but haven't found any parts to replace them.

Need heavy duty kit as we have over 100+ tires to manage at our lawn maintenance company. I plug tires often weekly. Mower tires I don't have an issue with it's the trailer & truck tires that bend and break the tools.

Do you have a go to size for drill bit? I don't want to make to large of a hole for the standard plugs we use.

I bought some of this stuff to try. Was so impressed with it I bought 3 gallons. It's excellent. much better than slime. It takes way less of it to do the job and it cleans up easy so when it comes time to change a tire you just hose or whipe off the rim. Very water soluble.

https://www.tireject.com

I bought some of this stuff to try. Was so impressed with it I bought 3 gallons. It's excellent. much better than slime. It takes way less of it to do the job and it cleans up easy so when it comes time to change a tire you just hose or whipe off the rim. Very water soluble.

https://www.tireject.com

x2! I found out about tireject through a you tube channel I frequent. This stuff is great, much different than others I've had to use in a pinch in the past. I still do use plugs at times, but if all possible I use tireject. I "think" it says not recommended for on road use, but I've ran PLENTY of it & never had an issue.

x2! I found out about tireject through a you tube channel I frequent. This stuff is great, much different than others I've had to use in a pinch in the past. I still do use plugs at times, but if all possible I use tireject. I "think" it says not recommended for on road use, but I've ran PLENTY of it & never had an issue.
I would say the warning is just for liability reasons.

How do you think it would work on road as a bead sealer? I have some wheels with some corrosion around the bead. Pretty sure it is leaking around the bead. Not really want to break them down and clean them, as there is probably only 10K left on the tires.

Bought a Black Jack years ago. Have used all but half a dozen plugs in it. Never broken a think. Another vote for them.

How do you think it would work on road as a bead sealer? I have some wheels with some corrosion around the bead. Pretty sure it is leaking around the bead. Not really want to break them down and clean them, as there is probably only 10K left on the tires.

I honestly could't tell you personally, I wouldn't think it would work well, but i suppose if a guy had "enough" in the tire to get it to coat the bead area it could work. With bead leaks i usually end up just breaking the tire down, cleaning the area up, & applying "bead sealant" around the bead. I have had luck airing the tire up 10-20 psi more than max psi & letting them sit in the sun, or setting a space heater in the case of cold weather, but of course that won't help if it happens to have junk in the bead.

Last edited:
Back