maxxforce egr cooler

ramtough01

Have a 2010 international with maxxforce 466 engine and looking for delete kit for removing the cooler and egr valve. And reason for removing is one the coolers failed and burning coolant. Any google search i have done dont show me much. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Don’t know anyone that makes a “kit” you just have to have ecm flashed and start blocking stuff off. There are single and twin turbo versions of this engine and like the rest of the Maxxforce varieties the only way they could be a larger piece of chit is to physically make them larger.

Block off plates aren't such a problem its just some the coolant lines I think would need to be routed. Or could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea most people don’t worry about it. Just block off the exhaust and leave everything on the truck. It’s just a coolant tank at that point.

A 10 should be a single turbo setup with the top mounted cooler. Jeff the only purpose of those coolant tubes is for the cooler.

Yea most people don’t worry about it. Just block off the exhaust and leave everything on the truck. It’s just a coolant tank at that point.
The one cooler is cracked is the reason for removing

A 10 should be a single turbo setup with the top mounted cooler. Jeff the only purpose of those coolant tubes is for the cooler.
It has 2 coolers on exhaust side and one intake. Intake side broke internally

The one cooler is cracked is the reason for removing

It has 2 coolers on exhaust side and one intake. Intake side broke internally

Correct but if you block it off the cracks don’t matter.

You can remove it if you want but I’ve never worked on one that was in a truck even remotely easy to work on. Personally I would block it now and remove it when it has to come off at a later date. Just keep in mind you are working on a major pos that can never be fixed to be reliable.

Last edited:
Ended up having to remove the coolers and made a bypass for the coolant. The passenger side cooler was leaking so bad and still came out the exhaust and would drain into the cylinder when off.

Back