Aeromotive Eliminator Pump

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
I currently run an A1000 pump and with my other injection pump pressures were dropping to 30PSI at WOT. Now with my other pump I am seeing 20PSI at WOT..

A1000 specs are:
Flows 600 lbs. per hour @13.5 volts and 45 psi.
Flows 800 lbs. per hour @13.5 volts and 8 psi.

Aeromotive eliminator pump specs are:
Pump flow exceeds 800 lbs. per hour @ 13.5 Volts and 45 PSI.
Pump flow exceeds 1,000 lbs. per hour @ 13.5 Volts and 8 PSI.

Size and shape look pretty similar, so I was thinking of swapping the Eliminator pump in.

Any opinions?

I thought I read Aeromotive literature where the eliminator pump was only supposed to be run intermittently AKA a drag race situation. I can't find it now, probably best to call them to see what they say?

joefarmer said:
I thought I read Aeromotive literature where the eliminator pump was only supposed to be run intermittently AKA a drag race situation. I can't find it now, probably best to call them to see what they say?

"Designed for forced air induction machines running on the street and at the track. The Eliminator gives you about 25% more flow at pressure compared to the A1000. Proprietary aerospace composite technology is built into the patent-pending "dual chamber" pumping mechanism."

From aero site.

I would be hard pressed to jump up to just the 800 lb pump, why not go to the 1000 lb version? Only problem is price, there just over 6 bills from summit or jegs. This pump requires a -12 suction and feed though and you would have to have lots of filter to support that much fuel but it is doable off the top of my head.

Jim

Yawl are buyin some high dollar lift pumps. Right now I am in the middle of swapping everything out, and my new pump, shurflo 2088-313-145, was only $120 ebay and flows 3.4gpm. The 1000lb would be around 2.7gpm. Gotta love the hilljack method.

You should look into the Walbro GSL392. Very tuff little fuel cooled geroter pump. You can get em' on Ebay for around $110 each. I think 2 of them in parallel should be more than enough for any of our applications. I've run one for the last 2 years on the street no problems. I keep it at 20psi, but could run it at 30 or 40psi no problem. It's still only less than 50% duty at 40psi.
Just another option.

I thought of that until I did the math. Two walbros don't flow enough for our 12v applications. According to this chart, the Walbro is going to flow a maximum of 65GPH (460 lbs/hr max with diesel weighing 7.09 lbs/gallon):

gsl392.jpg

The Aeromotive 11101 that the original poster is currently using is rated at 1000 lbs/hr max. (800 lbs/hr for FI). Two GSL392's would put out a maximum of 920 lbs/hr under optimal NA conditions. I keep saying optimal since it's the manufacturer's data and may not reflect real world situations.

I would still venture to say the Walbros would do it...but I can understand not wanting to try it only to have to rip it back off and go again!

I'm still trying to find a pump I like...I was looking at the Weldon's, but talk about high $$$! Looks like it's back to the A1000

Chris

If I'm reading the chart right, then 65gph occurs at around 50psi correct?

I know nothing about 12 valves, so if I'm wrong, school me.... Do you need 50psi on a 12 valve?

trik396 said:
If I'm reading the chart right, then 65gph occurs at around 50psi correct?

I know nothing about 12 valves, so if I'm wrong, school me.... Do you need 50psi on a 12 valve?

Most run between 40psi and 70psi WOT...I plan on running around 30-35psi everyday, and jumping up to 45-50psi WOT with a boost referenced regulator!

Chris

Does anyone know how much of that fuel your pumping get returned back to the tank? That's an aweful lot of fuel... which is cool... but I can't see it all being needed, unless it's cooling your injection pump....?

Is this the bypass regulator you're thinking about running?

Attachments

• Drive%20pressure%20setup%20006.jpg
    Drive%20pressure%20setup%20006.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 104
12v's suck down a lot of fuel. They come from the factory set at around 20-30psi. A modded p-pump will burn almost everything you can give it. Not to mention that increasing the pressure can sometimes increase power. We bumped the pressure from 20psi to 45psi and noticed a nice difference in power throughout the RPM range and all he's got for fuel is 370s, 191's, and a weird #0 plate. 12v's love fuel.

I know this is a dodge thread so you can kick me out if you want to lol. i'm running the 11110 pump and the 13114 regulator on my 6.0 I was going to use the a1000 instead of the marine pump but was told by aeromotive that it was not the best choice for diesel and would run hotter pushing diesel than the marine pump would. I have taken 8 hour trips and the pump barely got warm. hope this may help.

Back