View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #108
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
Hmmm a 3rd gen chassis with long arms under a first gen. Seems as if I've seen this before. . Nice build.

Few things. As for the intercooler the water bungs look small. Could be the picture throwing me off. I'd run at least 1.25" NPT to move enough water volume to get the best thermal transfer you can to pull the heat from all that air.

Second the use of a trans brake with triples on a mechanical injected motor will cook a trans in short time. Plan to foot brake into boost and only use it when the first bulb gets lit. Max 2 to 3 seconds. You could benifit from using a lil bit of nitrous as a spool aid to get on the chargers quicker. This will extend your time between rebuilds on your trans. Plan for a seriously efficient trans cooler setup maybe use the return water from your air to water cooler to pass thru a water heat exchanger for your trans fluid. You'll need a small fortune in ice during events.
92 W250 EFI 6.7 "OLD UGLY" 1292.7 HP #2