6.4 tranny issue, help

kylev90

Recently bought this 2008 6.4. deleted with spartan tunes. I noticed a couple times the truck (in one specific spot on my road) would get confused in between 2nd and 3rd gear. When it happens I am always coming up a hill and turning. i let off coming up the hill and as I am coming out of the turn at the top when i ease back into it the truck will free rev for a second and then slam into gear. It happened tonight but this time it was so bad that the truck couldnt find a gear for probably 15 seconds and when it finally did it was stuck in 3rd and threw the wrench light. Again, i just bought the truck so can somebody explain this wrench light to me quickly? Its obviously not the CEL. I shut the truck down, started it back up and it drove perfectly normal the rest of the way home. I scanned for codes with the spartan and nothing is showing up. Any ideas? thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

the check engine light is required for emission related faults wrench light will illuminate for other faults usually overtemp oil trans coolant ect... get a real scan tool it should have dtc probably in the tcm.

That's more than likely not 2-3 but rather 3-5 and most likely caused by a weak direct solenoid. Especially since it's intermittent and no codes

Ryan

Direct clutches are likely getting worn. See if spartan will get you their new beta tune to try-shifting has greatly improved

Back