Budget Beater!

Weekend on the Edge was another success for the Beater. Moved up to a 2100us tune and threw down 1230hp fuel only and 1530hp on spray with a .050 and .080 jet with fuel to spare. Took first place in big single and 2nd place in unlimited. Now to try and get all of it to the track and run those 8s!

Fuel only
cf5836ef532f3a5194f8d407f2fa4313.jpg

Nitrous
88fe8db093959a090e18b149e22af24f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Just looked at the logs and the dyno runs were only at 1800us not 2100us. Winning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lota late, but here are a few pics from world finals. Hooks decent then darts hard left from what looks to be alot of body roll. Going to add an HD sway bar, lower the bars one hole then take 2* out of the pinion angle and try again when the track opens.

0F7A7035.jpg

0F7A7042.jpg

Any video's of the pass? I'm sure being at the "World Finals" a vid is available. If anyone has watched, could you direct me to the interest?

Thanks

Went to ATS this last weekend to run the truck in large single and unlimited classes. Few good friends in the Industry including Chad Hall at Alligator, Adam Aquino at AA Motor Wrls and Ryan Gelinas at ATS decided to help me enter into the Gauntlet challenge as well. Threw a lot more nitrous than normal into the Beater and gave it her all. The ATS Dyno was overheating the load cells and killing every body’s numbers ranging from a 25%-40% loss in horsepower and torque.

With the hot load cells I made 1335hp and around 1900tq. Towards the end of the day I went to the outside Mustang Dyno to make my passes for the NWDC classes and was shocked when I saw the numbers. First pass was a big nitrous run that made a crazy 1865hp and 2732tq. Second pull was my fuel only pull that made 1218hp which was very accurate compared to when I was at Edge’s event where it made 1230hp on the same tune.

These runs were made on a 1800us tune. 5.9L cast piston Industrial Injection race engine. Single Industrial 88/96/1.15 turbo. Industrial King Cobra 80lpm injectors. Dual Industrial XP 12mm 8.5mm plunger CP3s. Dual Fass 260 pumps, Hardway/Breakout Tuning. Turbosmart 45mm gate. Nitrous Express kit with 2 stages including single .082 and .136 jets. 57psi was max boost on these runs.

I haven’t been on here for a few years but just got an email update for this thread. DAMN man that is nuts!!

I'd have to say that I think you've outgrown the title of "budget & or Beater"

Neither apply as you have some very nice non budget parts and the truck is far from a beater with high quality parts etc..

Talking about those fancy parts who's valve cover are you using? The reason I m asking is, it is the nicest I've seen.

I'd have to say that I think you've outgrown the title of "budget & or Beater"

Neither apply as you have some very nice non budget parts and the truck is far from a beater with high quality parts etc..

Well I mean the head had been sitting on our shelf for 2 years, the Carrillos were used and its still a cast piston engine. Plus it has like 8 coats of plasti dip on it. lol

Back