View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #6
ISBand4BT

Name: ISBand4BT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
I think a lot of people have this notion in their head that the block heater is tied to the electrical system. Then they thing the AC going to the heater will somehow mess with the rest of the electrical system.

OP, the line you plug into the wall is a 100% standalone unit that heats the coolant through a freeze plug hole. It is the exact same technology as an electric water heater and even uses the same element.

There's no damage that could be caused by leaving it plugged in while the engine is running, unless you drive away with it plugged in and rip the cord off!
I believe this is what i heard in the past... it didnt make much sense to me, but it's hard to tell.

I do have another question while i've got everyone's attention... This new truck has a limited slip rear. The dealership i bought it from replaced the bearings. Their work order shows putting 75-90W in, but doesn't show any additive. Truck was fine for about 1400 miles then started making a noise in the rear end. I've read that the new rear ends do and dont require the additive.

Can anyone confirm if you do or dont, and if it does require and it's not put in, will it trash the limited slip?