Exhaust Offset. What is it?

4x4dually

Anyone know how off center the end of the downpipe is to the center of the factory muffler inlet? Are they lined up or offset?

I got a dp, now a resonator, I just lack something to couple them to the factory muffler. Just making some plans. I'm a little sore to crawl under the truck just yet.

Anyone got dimensions?

Do you still need plans? Dam Engineers! Can't do anything without plans!LOL

Correct. I just didn't want to get it all torn down and figure out I need an offset and have to drive my 4 wheeler 37 miles to the nearest shop. LOL

It is easier to ask you all than to go climb under my truck in the 28 freakin' degree weather and still not have an answer.

I'm going to be putting one on my 03 5.9. Because I have one that just stares at me everyday after I trip over it. They work rather good at drone control for what they are.

I "had" an FTE on my vp... it was tits. But I like loud sometimes so I took it off. It will go on some time again as well as getting rid of the stack. I dont DD mine so it didnt matter much to me.

Yes, aftermarket 4" downpipe, 4" FTE, to stock muffler and tailpipe. I should get some sound outside but should be "hopefully" pretty quiet inside the cab. I scored a free, new downpipe, I got $60 in a used FTE and I should be able to come up with a piece of 4" pretty cheap. I think I'll weld the straight tube to the outlet of the FTE so I should only need to buy a clamp for dp to FTE, and one more if the factory muffler doesn't have one that is usable. I haven't even looked under the truck yet so not sure how the factory muffler clamps up. Should have less than $100 in it total and that is the amount of money all my Christmas gifts adds up to. :)

I "had" an FTE on my vp... it was tits.

I didn't know you took it off. I should have called you and bought it back from ya. After all, for the price, you got a stock truck and all the performance parts I put on it in the last 10 years for FREE! LOL

It won't be loud at all Jory.

And... What about the tree's, don't you guys care?

Good. An no. I don't. I've got 160 acres with about 60 acres of it in trees. I'm pretty certain they will not die due to my truck. LOL

Last edited:
I didn't know you took it off. I should have called you and bought it back from ya. After all, for the price, you got a stock truck and all the performance parts I put on it in the last 10 years for FREE! LOL
You already knew I took it off lol. We talked about this. Besides, ill put it back on. It's not fo sale homie.

You already knew I took it off lol. We talked about this. Besides, ill put it back on. It's not fo sale homie.

I knew you casterated my bull horn stack...but I guess I didn't hear ya when you said you casterated the FTE.

Hopefully I'll get my FTE tomorrow. I bought 6' of 4" tubing on Sat and a clamp. :rockwoot:

Back