SDX Puller turnout

I noticed a few things that I didn't see last year(or I missed it) sure were a bunch of trucks being towed and noticed air pressure being lowered after hitch height was checked not a big deal but I've heard of guys getting DQ for that...

thats one of my highlites of sdx checking out other ppls setups.
2.6 is not a street class get over it already. I think they should have open driveline.

I noticed a few things that I didn't see last year(or I missed it) sure were a bunch of trucks being towed and noticed air pressure being lowered after hitch height was checked not a big deal but I've heard of guys getting DQ for that...

Changing air pressure still isn't allowed and they talked about that in the drivers meeting on Saturday. PPL also allowed the 2.6 trucks to be hard filled this year so that why you see more of them being towed.

Take it as a complement that people are interested in looking at your truck. If it is within the rules you have nothing to hide. Many people look around and get inspired to build their own truck or do something different with the one they have. I agree that it would be better to ask first.

Changing air pressure still isn't allowed and they talked about that in the drivers meeting on Saturday. PPL also allowed the 2.6 trucks to be hard filled this year so that why you see more of them being towed.

That and the fact that there are 80 trucks hooking its a pain to start and shut off your truck 20 times just to get to the starting line.

Take it as a complement that people are interested in looking at your truck. If it is within the rules you have nothing to hide. Many people look around and get inspired to build their own truck or do something different with the one they have. I agree that it would be better to ask first.

I always walk around and look at the trucks, owner there or not. I don't climb under them, or open anything up, just get a look at them. Sometimes some of the stuff is pretty creative, and sometimes it is pretty funny.

Only had one time when I tried to look at a truck that the owner cussed me out. Of course it was right after he scattered most of the engine on the ground.

If you don't want people looking at your stuff, don't unload it off the trailer, or don't bring it to a public event.

I always walk around and look at the trucks, owner there or not. I don't climb under them, or open anything up, just get a look at them. Sometimes some of the stuff is pretty creative, and sometimes it is pretty funny.

Only had one time when I tried to look at a truck that the owner cussed me out. Of course it was right after he scattered most of the engine on the ground.

If you don't want people looking at your stuff, don't unload it off the trailer, or don't bring it to a public event.

I agree, most people don't ever get that close to a truck it's a unique opportunity to look. Most the pullers I know don't mind people looking around and encourage people to ask questions. It's part of promoting the sport I feel.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

I don't mind if someone wants to look at my truck. If they would ask it wouldn't bother me and I'm glad to talk and answer questions. There is just no need to try to be sneaky about it.

Really bummed me out there weren't any fords in the 2.6 or 3.0 class! Only ford there was Ohio cat if I remember right

By the way thanks for putting 27' on me right after I pulled on Saturday. Lol

Yeah idk what happened there lol. I won my side by 13ft. My truck runs ok, but not 13' better than everyone there. I was 3rd hook on the track so I think the early draw helped a lot

At least it wasn't .4 inches for the finals!!! :stab:

I saw that :D I didn't think there was any way i'd make it in since I was next to last hook on my side. First 150' of the track was just powder. You would have probably made a better showing in the finals than I did on on Friday night. My t4-t6 adapter had loosened up from the manifold and I had a huge exhaust leak. My truck ran like poo and choked quick in the finals on Friday.

Last edited:
Really bummed me out there weren't any fords in the 2.6 or 3.0 class! Only ford there was Ohio cat if I remember right

yes there was a 7.3 in 3.0.

3:40
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMBvy4qaBY"]Scheid Diesel Extravaganza Friday Night Truck Pull Class 3.0 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Back