View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #28
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy93 View Post
Im not doubting its the better set up, if it wasnt new trucks would be running WTA still, right? I just dont think its worth the money at this point, i'd really love to run it this season as is and see what happens. If my egt's get stupid and the smoke is to much then i will consider the switch over the winter next year, but for now i think it would be interesting to see how the after cooler does. If i did it i think id look for a wrecked truck with an N14 for the rad/ATA and intake manifold etc and just do a complete switch, high flow cooling and all. Besides this truck definitely isnt going anywhere, it was my first and i literally assembled it with the help of my dad and buddy bill from a cab and chassis out of a field after 15+ years early retirement.

At highway speed I have no doubt the ATA is better but unless the fan is running there is zero flow on say a logging road at 25mph. The 6.7 powerstroke is ATW BUT has 2 separate cooling systems.